Hey guys..ive got a new pickguard and i've never changed one before..

could any of you guys give a pretty detailed process of what i need to do..from the start.. without any smartarse remarks...im sure you can all remember the first time you did stuff that was a little bit scary.

thanks guys.
actualy it wasn't scary at all, you need a skrew driver, you remove the pic gaurd and everything atached to it, swap out pick gaurds , put everything on the new one and then you put it back on. and deformed child can do this
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Yep. All you need should be a screw driver and a socket wrench so that you can get the pots off. After that, you'll need to take the bridge ground off, but only if you're taking the electronics out with it.
do i need to unscrew pickups and all that?

and should i try weding off tone/vol knobs..or pull or what?
weding off? liek i said take everything off the pick gaurd clearly you didn't read

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by langers73
do i need to unscrew pickups and all that?

and should i try weding off tone/vol knobs..or pull or what?

Try sticking a flathead screwdriver or something of the like under there, and then lever the knob off.

And pickups are part of everything, so yeah.
meant to say wedging sorry. thanks for your quick help guys i should be right from now.
1. Assuming you know how to re-tune or re-string your Strat, the easiest way would be to loosen or replace all the strings. This will make it easier for you to manipulate your PG, pull the knobs, etc.

2. Unscrew the 8 PG screws, assuming it's your '57 RI MIJ.

3. Notice the screws attaching your pick-ups (PUs) to the PG ... look at the back, notice the spring or rubber spacers around the screws attaching the PUs to the PG ... remember how it's fitted. Unscrew your PUs. Keep all your screws in a container. Pull the knobs. Use a credit card, slide it under and wiggle it up. Unscrew the pots.

4. Position the new PG ... if it has more than 8 screw holes that attach it to the body or the holes don't line up, STOP! ... it's not the proper PG. Re-attach your PUs, re-attach old PG and knobs, re-string ... look for a proper '57 RI PG.

5. If the new PG's 8 holes line up, re-attach the PUs and pots.

6. Re-attach the PG and knobs.

7. Re-string or re-tune.

Good Luck!

oh wedging! use a hair tie, it works best. imho

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Yeah, remove the strings first. I didn't realize when I was taking my PG off to put in a killswitch, and it added some needless, annoying complications.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!