I wanna learn how to play them... can anyone help me?
Kyuss is quite possibly the best sound on the planet
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637056

I outlined them to the best of my knowledge on one of the last posts in this thread. Basically, I fret a note with my bent index finger while the side of my thumb is touching the string at the node I want it to.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yeah.. but i dont really understand it
Kyuss is quite possibly the best sound on the planet
Pinch harmonics are when you fret a note with your left hand, and then pluck with your right hand BUT hold your thumb just above the string so that you can get a harmonic out of it. It's almost like doing a pinch harmonic on a guitar, just without a pick.

It's really tricky to do.

Natural harmonics are when you place your left hand over a fret (easiest are 5,7,9,12, but there are others) and pluck it, with your left hand barely touching the fret Very easy to do.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Jul 27, 2007,
If you do a natural harmonic and then press down on the fret, giving it vibrato or a bend, it squeals, gain would help but hey distorted bass isn't for everyone.
Left handed and proud damn!t...!
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Is jaco do artificial harmonics in the beginning of the video? Also is he using a fretted bass?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pqashW66D7o&mode=related&search=

Yep, that's a perfect example of the artificial harmonics technique. No, that's his fretless. He used it the whole show. I know because I was there... in my basement, watching a bootleg DVD of the show.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i found a different way i find alot easier. hold your left hand in the slap position with your palm resting on the string behind where you intend to pop the note

when you pop it roll your hand back quickly so your palm comes off jsut after the note is popped its quiet so you have to pop it preety hard

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....