hey could someone tab out the green day version of the simpsons theme song???? it's soo awesum......the movie is awesuuummmmm. yea so somone out there do it..
I'd try posting this in the "Tabs" section... But if you wanna talk about the film yea .

Kinda pleased me to see Greenday being sucked into a polluted river. Pop-punk basics .
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by tommark182
hey mann my names paul too..

Good for you?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by tommark182

<3

Tom, Mark? You're one confused person.

And to the one who asked if it's good, HELL see it. It's funnier than funny. Clever too. And rude if you get the adult hints they put in :P.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Greenday do the theme music?! Gah I will have to go to the toilet at that point in the film. Seriously it would wreck part of my childhood simpsons memories to hear green day playing the theme music.
You do understand the rape is a crime, don't you, threadstarter?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Death_switch
Greenday do the theme music?! Gah I will have to go to the toilet at that point in the film. Seriously it would wreck part of my childhood simpsons memories to hear green day playing the theme music.

I've only heard a clip of it but it sounds just like another band that played it in the credits of an episode.
Quote by Death_switch

Nah, they don't.

They do a scene a little way into it which... is funny. You'll have to see what I mean, many movie references and they get owned anyway so it's good.

Some operatic style woman singing "Spider pig" does the theme music.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

that movie was insane especially green day falling and playing those viloens right b4 they died haha
and the american idot funeral music
no, i do not agree that green day is lame. witty lyrics along with good performances, especially back in the dookie and nimrod and insomniac era. i once asked someone who claimed green day sucked, name me 3 songs that are not on american idiot. they replied "time of your life (its actually called good riddance), case basket, and holiday." chacnes are, you are one of those idiots. if you listen to their older stuff. they are quite amazing i would say. but i respect people for their opinions.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
i once asked someone who claimed green day sucked, name me 3 songs that are not on american idiot. they replied "time of your life (its actually called good riddance), case basket, and holiday." chacnes are, you are one of those idiots. if you listen to their older stuff. they are quite amazing i would say. but i respect people for their opinions.

Ah, so your reasoning is that if we don't like a band, we should know their songs titles? Yeah...Back on topic, anyone know of a place to hear this version of the song?
Last edited by derkym at Jul 27, 2007,
Quote by Paul Lambeth
Nah, they don't.

They do a scene a little way into it which... is funny. You'll have to see what I mean, many movie references and they get owned anyway so it's good.

Some operatic style woman singing "Spider pig" does the theme music.

Heh well that's good. I saw the spider pig thing in a trailer and rofled quite a lot. Well as much as I hate them if they play a part in a movie where they get owned I will have to give them some kudos.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
no, i do not agree that green day is lame. witty lyrics along with good performances, especially back in the dookie and nimrod and insomniac era. i once asked someone who claimed green day sucked, name me 3 songs that are not on american idiot. they replied "time of your life (its actually called good riddance), case basket, and holiday." chacnes are, you are one of those idiots. if you listen to their older stuff. they are quite amazing i would say. but i respect people for their opinions.

Pfft you are basically saying you prove people wrong when they say green day are bad which is hardly respecting their opinions. Face it why would people say they didn't like them if they secretly did? What would be the point? I can tell you I have not liked a single green day song I have listened to. At times I have found them listenable but when it comes down to it they are little more than watered down punk rock which is now primarily aimed at 13-17 year olds, not saying it is impossible for anyone outside that demographic to like them but that they tone down their music as to appeal to this crowd.
Quote by tommark182
but blink-182 is THE best right.....i mean they are awesuuuuuuum.

You really aren't funny...at all.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
You really aren't funny...at all.

+1

Because I couldn't tell if Paul was being serious.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Quote by tommark182
but blink-182 is THE best right.....i mean they are awesuuuuuuum.

Well I certainly won't be seeing the movie if the side effects include such severe brain damage.
Quote by tommark182

you have downs syndrome...

do you say that every time you meet someone else named paul

i could see the coversations

"hi my names paul"
"Hi im paul"
"hey im named paul too"
"****ing idiot"
but Death_Switch you were kinda funny. but it's not the movie that did this to me anyway, you should still see it.
Can I report for double posting and stupidity?

On topic: I will leave during the opening credits then. That would ruin it for me.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
hahahaha this would be so much more funny if you all weren't talking about me.
Quote by zekk
Can I report for double posting and stupidity?

On topic: I will leave during the opening credits then. That would ruin it for me.

Actually the opening credits don't have Greenday. It's one of the funnier moments in the film . You'd be a fool to miss any of it.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Quote by tommark182
sorry. gosh you guys are mean.

Using the word gosh is a sure way to get flamed on ug. On topic: I Don't think the movie will be that great. The last few years it seems that the simpsons has been dumbing down the humor to be more acceptable for younger audiences. If you compare an episode from season 7 or 8 to a new one their is no question which is better. So if the movie is anything like the show has been lately I won't be seeing it.
Retired Ug Radio Dj
(I think that means i'm important)
Leader of the MIKE PATTON Worshipper club Pm me to join
just got back from it. Did not like it. Not very funny. Unless you're very simple-minded. wait, this is the pit. Everyone will love it...

And I tried to get a slow-clap started when Green Day drowned. didn't work
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
It's got something for everyone - it's very clever in places, like constant use of phrases that make no sense ("Stuck between a rock and a hard place" for example) and other more obvious things for kids ("Spider pig.." etc.).

I loved it.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Quote by lalalama2
Using the word gosh is a sure way to get flamed on ug. On topic: I Don't think the movie will be that great. The last few years it seems that the simpsons has been dumbing down the humor to be more acceptable for younger audiences. If you compare an episode from season 7 or 8 to a new one their is no question which is better. So if the movie is anything like the show has been lately I won't be seeing it.

i know what you mean but the movie truly showed their comic genius, basically a 2 hour long episode...but they can get away with more.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by dreamtheater91
just got back from it. Did not like it. Not very funny. Unless you're very simple-minded. wait, this is the pit. Everyone will love it...

And I tried to get a slow-clap started when Green Day drowned. didn't work

its not that we're simple, you have a ****ty sense of humor

...who starts a slow clap at the beginning of a movie?
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by eltravo
i know what you mean but the movie truly showed their comic genius, basically a 2 hour long episode...but they can get away with more.

It's as if they've spent so much effort coming up with stuff for the film that they forgot they have to produce a show every week, basically. Worth seeing it, I doubt you'll come out without having laughed at least twice. Seriously it's good stuff, a lot of effort has gone into making it work as a movie, take the piss out of itself etc.

Watch the end credits too, "Maggie's first word". Signs of anything?
Quote by Paul Lambeth

^yeah they said it was THE hardest thing they could of done, and they pulled it off pretty well.