I'm sorry, but is it just me who has noticed how every new band in My local area SUCKS ASS and just can't be Original in what they write?!

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their local music scene, because I am fed up with the crap that gets spawned in nothern ireland.

Let me know.
Theres a lot of good bands popping up in my area that are making it big
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
dude, be happy at least there are people interested in music genres other than hip hop. EVERYONE around here listens to rap and hip hop only and looks down on the few "hippies" like me...So basically there are 3 kinds of people in my neighbourhood...

Majority: Wannabe Gangstahhs
Minority: Emo/Punk Kids
Minority: "Hippies" (Me)
Not human but I'll mention them: Parents
in nc theres a pretty big punk scene. i don't like the hardcore punk but there eare a lot of creative original bands in my area and pleenty of shows to go to. but i meean u live in northern ireland
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
I do live in northern ireland like, but i don't mean to sound egotistical, but the stuff i write... and don't share because i haven't got a band ROCKS compared to the crap some people are ocming out with!
haha im in seattle and i have to say i love it.

theres genres of every kind coming out, for the emo kids, the guitar lovers, the metalheads, everything.

punk is also pretty huge here too. not too happy about that though. the majority here, if i had to choose, would be the emo/punk scene. i dont have a problem with that though. personally, i like the emo music better than punk.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by Jonjy2
dude, be happy at least there are people interested in music genres other than hip hop. EVERYONE around here listens to rap and hip hop only and looks down on the few "hippies" like me...So basically there are 3 kinds of people in my neighbourhood...

Majority: Wannabe Gangstahhs
Minority: Emo/Punk Kids
Minority: "Hippies" (Me)
Not human but I'll mention them: Parents

+1
cept hippie is changed to "goth metal freak"
lol people are so stupid
Quote by imnotastoner
haha im in seattle and i have to say i love it.

theres genres of every kind coming out, for the emo kids, the guitar lovers, the metalheads, everything.

punk is also pretty huge here too. not too happy about that though. the majority here, if i had to choose, would be the emo/punk scene. i dont have a problem with that though. personally, i like the emo music better than punk.

ha, yeah, but the south-sound music scene sucks ass. Trust me, I live there.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
They're probably having to many Magners. Seriously though how many bands are original nowadays. It feels like every band is ripping off another band.
Quote by ragt427
They're probably having to many Magners. Seriously though how many bands are original nowadays. It feels like every band is ripping off another band.

u gotta search to find those original bands nowadays. luckily i'm pretty good friends with this local band that has a real original song. u can check eem out at www.myspace.com/bombadil
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
the only bands in my town r a death metal band, a crappy punk band(i like punk but those guys ruin it completely), my band, we play grunge type stuff, and a poser band who copied the same genres as my band on our myspace cuz they suck that bad. they have a midget bass and drummer. the bass guy and the drummer only started bcuz the guitarist and singer asked them too. they don't even have their instruments. it really pissess me off that this is wutz goin on my town.
EDIT:I would give u my bands myspace but i forgot it
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
I've got the choice of musicians who think they can play, but what can you do! Except not choose any, and ragt - we don't all spend our days drinking magners, that's mainly me.
Quote by Metalcredge
I'm sorry, but is it just me who has noticed how every new band in My local area SUCKS ASS and just can't be Original in what they write?!

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their local music scene, because I am fed up with the crap that gets spawned in nothern ireland.

Let me know.

I agree. The local scene here just totally blows. They just rip-off other bands. There's this band, they're this huge Muse/Radiohead ripoff. And they call themselves experimtenal. Bah, if you wanna be experimental, do something original. They obviously think ripping off unique bands make them experimental. I can't f*cking stand it.
What really pisses me off, is how these kids in these new crap bands that all sound the same and annoying, all go and start bashing real music. It's so stupid, it's funny. They start screaming like pigs and tune to C Standard, crank it up to 11 and start barring everywhere and they call it music. Then, if they hear someone listening to Dream Theater or something, they get all pissy about how much the music rots. It's pathetic.
theres some good metal bands in Northern Ireland, tho from the sounds of it, they either dont play near you often, or you dont like metal