Page 3 of 75
yeah, hopefully...it'd make a nice change from all the generic hardcore and metalcore bands that take up all the all ages shows
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by Clownmite
Not to turn this thread into a question and answer thing, but you said that the upcoming album will have all the demo tracks on it as well as new songs?

That is likely, but I can't say anything for sure until we actually know when we're heading into the studio. It's possible though that the album will end up being the 3 demo songs, a couple other songs that some people would have seen us perform live before, as well as a couple new songs we're finishing off right now. But don't hold me to that... :p ..
Quote by pistols
yeah, hopefully...it'd make a nice change from all the generic hardcore and metalcore bands that take up all the all ages shows

yeah, tis a shame that Australia's liquor licensing laws make it such that only more 'commercial' bands can afford to do all ages much of the time... we'll be working on it.

ALSO:

For those interested:

We've just launched the new Ne Obliviscaris forums at www.neobliviscaris.com

Discussions of all things are welcome, so it would be great to see some of you there!

Tim
lol, this band owns...
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
They came to my town a little while back. I don't think they live to far from here either.
Quote by Jacksonsoad
They came to my town a little while back. I don't think they live to far from here either.

Yeah, Melton was great.

We live all over the place across Melbourne, but our drummer did used to live in Melton as a kid.
Quote by megaderrick
To Tim Charles: let me know if you guys are coming to Ohio anytime soon, haha.

You can guarantee when we make it over to the US we'll be promoting the hell out of it...

Hopefully it won't be too far away.
How are you blokes going with the guitarist issue?

And when you blokes going to journey up to Brisbane? There is so little to leave the house for these days. We've had a few decent gigs up here (playing with Pestilential Shadows in November as well) that you guys could have made it on. Or does Forn Valdyrheim have to trek to Melbourne to play with Ne O.? hah. Get in contact with Jimmy at bastian[at]blackmetal.net.au if you haven't already. He's the dude behind Obsidian Records as well as blackmetal.net.au and organises 99% of the extreme metal gigs up here.
Shadilay.
Tim, the CD just came in the mail today and I loved it. I liked your violin parts and the clean vocals. I'm not too big on the growlies in any band, but I enjoyed that as well. The drumming was awesome and the guitar tracks are aces. I think your violin/guitar combo works well, so never give that up. And it was produced amazingly nice for a demo. I was impressed. Good job man.

P.S. Kickass cover-art by the way. Hats off to Xenoyr for that.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
What a cool band. I love the part in Tapestry right after the violin break where it gets all heavy again. Keep up the good work.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Dude this band absolutely owns. I need this demo!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
This is very interesting music! Ive heard about them before, but I havent listend to them till now. Im downloading the demo right away!
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
I love this band! I want the demo so bad, I really want to download it, but then again I want to support them, and at the same time I don't have any money! Tim I hope you understand if I download, and I'll order later.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I love this band! I want the demo so bad, I really want to download it, but then again I want to support them, and at the same time I don't have any money! Tim I hope you understand if I download, and I'll order later.

Maybe just download a few of the songs, I usualy do that if I lack money.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
Quote by grim_necro_kvlt
Maybe just download a few of the songs, I usualy do that if I lack money.

There's only 3 songs on the demo.
Quote by The Virtuoso

No probs. I completely 100% endorse anyone to go and download 'The Aurora Veil'!

All I ask in return is that IF you love the CD you:

1. Tell anyone you've ever met that listens to metal (and more) about us

2. If you really love the CD, aim to buy the real copy sometime down the track

3. Come see us live when we're in your area!

Obviously we are aiming long term to make a living from this band, but short term the more people hear the CD the better, so if you don't have the money right now- download it.
Quote by morbid_death
How are you blokes going with the guitarist issue?

And when you blokes going to journey up to Brisbane? There is so little to leave the house for these days. We've had a few decent gigs up here (playing with Pestilential Shadows in November as well) that you guys could have made it on. Or does Forn Valdyrheim have to trek to Melbourne to play with Ne O.? hah. Get in contact with Jimmy at bastian[at]blackmetal.net.au if you haven't already. He's the dude behind Obsidian Records as well as blackmetal.net.au and organises 99% of the extreme metal gigs up here.

Thanks for the contact details. When we do our Oz tour we'll definitely be coming to Brisbane. We were actually going to be there in August or September originally but had to cancel upon the line-up issues unfortunately...

Things are going well with the guitarist search. Have been some delays in being able to start auditions, but there are lots of guitarists interested which is very encouraging. In the meantime we've still been working hard writing new music and getting things tighter than ever, so can't wait until we get to go back on the road in the not too distant future.
Good thing you put it off for coming up here then anyway. Around this time have been a lot of gigs. The 'scene' here is mainly the denim fanatics, so you have to time it in between thrash/death/black metal gigs heh.
Shadilay.
will be good to finally make it up to Brisy! Just got to get a couple things sorted, and it'll be all systems go.
Quote by morbid_death
So you got in contact with jimmy? He'll do anything for a carton of toohey's old. haha

Not yet, will wait a while until we get our lead guitar position sorted.
is their demo free? or what?, i couldnt find it anywhere so i tried to get it on demonoid but not a single person is seeding it
wow this band is actually freaking impressive..i'll buy the album when it comes out for sure.
Quote by ch715dallat
is their demo free? or what?, i couldnt find it anywhere so i tried to get it on demonoid but not a single person is seeding it

It's not free. I paid 12 bucks for it, and it's worth it. But Tim seems to be ok with people downloading it, so if you really can't afford it, I can upload it for you, with Tim's permission.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
yeah man id love it if youd upload it, cos im skint, (trying to pay off my snowboard instructors course 7,000 quid )

anyhoo, i was down working in the off licence today and i was bored so i started looking at all the whiskeys and on the front of House Of Campbell whiskey there is a big logo saying 'Ne Obliviscaris with a picture of a boar below it. what exactly does it mean?
^ I am pretty sure Ne Obliviscaris is latin for, "Forget not" or something to that extent, someone correct me if I am wrong. Freaking amazing band though, Tim you are a kick ass singer and violinist man, Hats off to you.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
^ I am pretty sure Ne Obliviscaris is latin for, "Forget not" or something to that extent, someone correct me if I am wrong. Freaking amazing band though, Tim you are a kick ass singer and violinist man, Hats off to you.

Thanks for your kind words. It is truly appreciated.

And yes, Ne Obliviscaris is latin for 'Forget Not'.
Quote by darkstar2466
It's not free. I paid 12 bucks for it, and it's worth it. But Tim seems to be ok with people downloading it, so if you really can't afford it, I can upload it for you, with Tim's permission.

Permission granted.

As I stated in an earlier post:

All I ask in return is that IF you download the CD and love it- you:

2. Aim to buy the real copy sometime down the track (and/or buy the full length album when that comes out in 2008)

Cool. Got your message, Tim. And do you guys plan on coming to America after the CD is released?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
To Tim, those words are well deserved, seriously I really want to be able to sing like that, are you an alto? And the violin too man, I really want to learn violin also, and you kick ass man. Also to Darkstar, do you think you could send me a copy of the Demo? Don't worry Tim I mention you guys all the time to all my friends, I totally advocate for Ne Obliviscaris, and I will buy this demo, you can count on that. Also I wish I could come to a show man, but I live in El Paso Texas, not exactly driving distance to Australia, but I'll definitely go to a show if you guys play the U.S.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Tim Charles
Permission granted.

As I stated in an earlier post:

All I ask in return is that IF you download the CD and love it- you:

2. Aim to buy the real copy sometime down the track (and/or buy the full length album when that comes out in 2008)

1. Done, also the fact that youre band name is the clan motto for the Campbell clan in scotland and it says it on front of that whiskey, i bring you guys up when people as about that name

2. Will Buy full album for sure, its awesome stuff and very well produced. I love the one badass section in As Icicles Fall where the violin just ends and the lead comes in and shreds your face of then the little violin melody and stuff, totally genious, and the vocals are superb.

3. Unlikely, I doubt Ireland will be big on your tour hitlist
Quote by Scourge441
I haven't heard an unsigned band this good in a long, long time.

+1

although..... they are australian

jk
Quote by darkstar2466
^ PM sent.

May I have one
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
May I have one

Done.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Thank ye sir!
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by darkstar2466
Cool. Got your message, Tim. And do you guys plan on coming to America after the CD is released?

If all goes according to plan, definitely- BUT, that plan is essentially reliant on how much interest in the media and how many sales we get in the US once the album is out. As obviously there's no point touring and 10 people showing up.

But if the album is released and lots of Americans are loving it, we'll be there before too long.

\m/

Quote by The Virtuoso
To Tim, those words are well deserved, seriously I really want to be able to sing like that, are you an alto? And the violin too man, I really want to learn violin also, and you kick ass man. Don't worry Tim I mention you guys all the time to all my friends, I totally advocate for Ne Obliviscaris, and I will buy this demo, you can count on that. Also I wish I could come to a show man, but I live in El Paso Texas, not exactly driving distance to Australia, but I'll definitely go to a show if you guys play the U.S.

Well hopefully we can come to you in Texas, rather than anybody having to trek to Australian to see us.

Naturally I'm a baritone, but I've developed my range enough so that I could *almost* pass for a tenor depending on the style of music. When using my falsetto though, that's a whole different thing... it's fairly high though. :p

Quote by ch715dallat
1. Done, also the fact that youre band name is the clan motto for the Campbell clan in scotland and it says it on front of that whiskey, i bring you guys up when people as about that name

2. Will Buy full album for sure, its awesome stuff and very well produced. I love the one badass section in As Icicles Fall where the violin just ends and the lead comes in and shreds your face of then the little violin melody and stuff, totally genious, and the vocals are superb.

3. Unlikely, I doubt Ireland will be big on your tour hitlist

1. Yeah, it's pretty cool that a clan in Scotland named their whiskey after our band.... I mean.... :p ..lol

2. I love that part too. Intensely emotional.

3. You never know. I would love to make it to Ireland someday. Hopefully the audio will fulfill your NeO needs for now.

And...

Thanks again to everyone else for the support. \m/