Page 4 of 75
Long time reader... first time poster...

I know Tim has already... but, I'd also like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support, and to all those that have shown interest in Ne Obliviscaris. It really does mean a lot to all the guys in the band...
Ha, some guy just submitted a 10% review of The Aurora Veil to MA, I tried making them take it down because its a crappy-ass review.

help me out (Its the MA review complaint thread, my post is down near bottom.)
Quote by ch715dallat
who are you in the band?

He's the lead vocalist.
Quote by Mr. President
Ha, some guy just submitted a 10% review of The Aurora Veil to MA, I tried making them take it down because its a crappy-ass review.

That person obviously lacks the sense of hearing, because if his ears actually did work, then he would realize he was listening to himself fart into them because his head is so far up his ass.

To make this post useful, I must say I am really impressed that the band members actually post on her, Tim and Xenyor. Seriously that is awesome, that shows that you guys actually care about your fans, and are down to earth. I hope you all go far in the metal world, and I wish you all the best of luck.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Yes, the "harsh" vocalist I am.

In regards to the review...I had a chuckle... Everyone has a right to their opinion, regardless of how poorly they express themselves, good for him... Not exactly favourable, although he does appear to have Cynic + almost every Opeth release + latter day Enslaved....in his online "collection"............... just.... JUST an observation.

They actually have a complaint thread?! The support is always welcome, ha.

...and to "The Virtuoso", thank you; all the guys try to make an effort to speak to people that enjoy our music... it does make it worth while for us, to hear that our music means something to someone. I can't think of a better feeling.
Last edited by Xenoyr at Sep 19, 2007,
Hey Xenoyr. Thanks for the way fast shipping man. I loved the CD. Even my friend who hates death metal liked it, so I think that's a great sign. Your vocals are way tight, keep it up man. I hope you guys go big, because you deserve it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Hey Xenoyr. Thanks for the way fast shipping man. I loved the CD. Even my friend who hates death metal liked it, so I think that's a great sign. Your vocals are way tight, keep it up man. I hope you guys go big, because you deserve it.

Hey there, no problems, glad you're enjoying the CD...and that you're corrupting others! Much appreciated comments also, although I'm still trying to improve what I do (as the others are too), nowhere near where I'd like to be!

...Hopefully we can continue to progress and gain more exposure... we shall see. Cheers!
Tapestry is absolutely amazing. I love the clean vocals over the growls and the violin with the acoustic guitar.

I'll have a bourbon.
^So true, I can't pick a favorite song though man, they all kick ass!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Mr. President

The backlash has started.... :p

All our reviews have been so incredibly positive I've been continually saying that it's only a matter of time before someone decides to tear us to pieces just to try and even things up.. lol

Unique metal such as ours is always going to attract divergent opinions, and we welcome that. It would be nice if all reviews were accurate e.g. "Simply put, this can only appeal to those who don't listen to any other music other than metal." is far from the truth, as amazingly we seem to attract quite a lot of non-metal fans which continues to surprise me.) But we won't hold our breath..

In the meantime, I think when people read the 10% review and see 4 other reviews on Metalarchives of: 100%, 100%, 98% and 99% it'll make them curious enough to read the other, slightly more positive reviews.
tim, if you're still keen on doing any available AA shows in canberra, then it might be time to think again...the only good AA venue here has apparently placed a new time restriction, saying that all shows have to finish by 10...meaning you either start at around 3 or 4 oclock, or you have 3 bands on the bill.

but these are all just rumours right now, if you're interested i'll keep you updated about it.

and also, zenoyr...how do you pronounce that? :\
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Xenoyr...I pronouce it; zeh-nw-are.............

AA shows are great, nothing like playing to fresh minds! If only we could play more...
Alright I've been listening to the demo for the past few days, and I absolutely love it, I am positive that the full length will be even better, and Tim is officially on my Cool List because he likes Muse, and Sigur Ros, so to Tim and the rest of the band.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Xenoyr
Hey there, no problems, glad you're enjoying the CD...and that you're corrupting others! Much appreciated comments also, although I'm still trying to improve what I do (as the others are too), nowhere near where I'd like to be!

...Hopefully we can continue to progress and gain more exposure... we shall see. Cheers!

You guys coming down to tassie any time soon/ have you bin to Tas before touring ???
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by ch715dallat
sigur ros sucks tbh, only one reasonable song

To each his own I suppose, I actually find them quite soothing, and don't you dare dis Muse, or I'll have to murder you.
Quote by Senor Kristian
You guys should make a UG Band Profile for NeO. I'd add that to my favorites in a second.
When you guys do eventually record your full length, would you be interested in sending a promo copy my way? I can't link to the site I review for here but if you're interested you can pm me or something.

As Icicles Fall is one of my favorite songs of all time. You guys are pure pwn.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Alright I've been listening to the demo for the past few days, and I absolutely love it, I am positive that the full length will be even better, and Tim is officially on my Cool List because he likes Muse, and Sigur Ros, so to Tim and the rest of the band.

I'm a massive fan of both those bands. Both are incredible live as well.

Quote by wintee_madness
You guys coming down to tassie any time soon/ have you bin to Tas before touring ???

Unfortunately we haven't made it down to Tassie yet. We'll definitely do our best to make it down there on our Oz tour (hopefully early 2008).

Quote by Scourge441
You guys should make a UG Band Profile for NeO. I'd add that to my favorites in a second.

Will look into it. \m/

Quote by Clownmite
When you guys do eventually record your full length, would you be interested in sending a promo copy my way? I can't link to the site I review for here but if you're interested you can pm me or something.

As Icicles Fall is one of my favorite songs of all time. You guys are pure pwn.

Prior to the album coming out, send us an email at: welkin.entertainment@gmail.com with who you write for etc. and we'll put you on the promo mailing list. Or if we aren't handling that stuff anymore, we'll pass on your details to our label.

Great to hear you love Icicles so much! Believe it or not, we actually feel it's far better live than on that recording, so hopefully we get to play it for you over in the US sometime.
Quote by Mr. President
Yo Tim, whats the message/meaning behind your lyrics, if any?

I'm pretty sure As Icicles Fall is about global warming, or at least some sort of environmental issues.

Sorry I keep asking questions, but if one of the dudes in the band could tell me what tuning the guitars are in that would be great. Even better if someone actually has tabbed any of their songs and can point me to that.
i didnt like the mood of the violins, rather ... out of place... too happy ish or up beat otherwise it's kewl i guess :O... talking from Tapestry, so far, ill check out ze rest
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
i didnt like the mood of the violins, rather ... out of place... too happy ish or up beat otherwise it's kewl i guess :O... talking from Tapestry, so far, ill check out ze rest

The mood of the violins is what makes the songs so damn awesome, in my opinion.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
yeah, I think the violin is what adds so much to the band for me. Basically because I always like hearing metal mixed with different intruments, and this is the first, that I"ve heard, that is black metal, progressive, and has violins. Pure awesome. And thats coming from a guy who only likes Emperor :p
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
sincerely i think dark lunacy uses the violins better =x and the occasional others XD anyway :X... since 'tis off topic i was trying to download their stuff from soulseek and well trying to get into 'em but 'tis not working that well ;( i love flamenco too sos :SSSSSSSS not a fan of western art though -if its refering to fiddle ish sounds and stuff- and jazz does really do that much for me lol... however I LOVE classical, so I guess its weird im not getting into it... though it might be the 'bright' progressive stuff =s... i like darker moods and feelings/melodies in music and hence... yeah
Quote by Mr. President
Yo Tim, whats the message/meaning behind your lyrics, if any?

The lyrics and some discussion of them can be found in a thread on the NeO forum here:
http://neobliviscaris.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=56&page=1#Item_0

But to give you the short answer:

Tapestry is about exploring one's darker side, but, as reflected by the more uplifting nature of the last couple minutes of music, it moves towards a positive outcome with the final lyrics: "Setting sail from paradox lost to a paradise found..."

Forget Not is a requiem. But more one in celebration of life lost than of mourning.

Icicles is indeed about the environment and our (humanities) relationship with it.
Quote by Clownmite

Sorry I keep asking questions, but if one of the dudes in the band could tell me what tuning the guitars are in that would be great. Even better if someone actually has tabbed any of their songs and can point me to that.

No probs, only takes a couple minutes every couple days to answer them. It's great people are interested in the first place.

Our guitarists play in E standard.

We're actually tabbing all the songs at the moment, for our new guitarist to learn from... BUT, we probably won't be releasing those for a while. We might put together something for official release about the time when the album comes out.
I have been giving them a listen and i honestly dont know what all the hype is about. Im going to keep listening to them to see if theres anything i really like but so far i havent heard much. Im not a big black metal fan. The only true black metal band i listen to is Emperor. I feel that the violin is slightly out of place or too loud in the mix. I like more symphonic instriments to create a sense of an actualy symphony behind the band. The one violin (although good) just kinda ruins it for me in the mix of the rest of the band. The vocals aren't too impressive for me (again im not into black metal much). The guitar riffs are slightly original but nothing that really grabs me. The drums were impressive. And i couldn't hear enough of the bass to gain an impression. The only parts that i really liked were the softer intrludes in the song Tapestry of the Starless Abstract.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I don't see how you don't like the violin. I think it works extremely well with the music, and is one of the reasons I"m liking this band so much. Also the falsetto vocals mixed with black metal is a mix I've always liked in me black metal. Perhaps your not sophisticated enough to understand haha, just kidding man but I guess everyone has there own opinion.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by HedBanger24/7
I have been giving them a listen and i honestly dont know what all the hype is about. Im going to keep listening to them to see if theres anything i really like but so far i havent heard much. Im not a big black metal fan. The only true black metal band i listen to is Emperor. I feel that the violin is slightly out of place or too loud in the mix. I like more symphonic instriments to create a sense of an actualy symphony behind the band. The one violin (although good) just kinda ruins it for me in the mix of the rest of the band. The vocals aren't too impressive for me (again im not into black metal much). The guitar riffs are slightly original but nothing that really grabs me. The drums were impressive. And i couldn't hear enough of the bass to gain an impression. The only parts that i really liked were the softer intrludes in the song Tapestry of the Starless Abstract.

Sif you cant hear the bass
I only have Tapestry of the Starless Abstract but i can hear it fine......
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
i love flamenco too sos :SSSSSSSS not a fan of western art though -if its refering to fiddle ish sounds and stuff- and jazz does really do that much for me lol... however I LOVE classical, so I guess its weird im not getting into it... though it might be the 'bright' progressive stuff =s... i like darker moods and feelings/melodies in music and hence... yeah

'Western Art Music' is actually the proper term for what most people refer to as 'Classical music'. Technically, 'Classical Music' refers to an era within Western Art music from about 1750-1820 which featured composers such as Mozart and Haydn.

So rather than using a term that actually refers to a small period of western music tradition, the term 'Western Art music' covers the medieval, renaissance, baroque, classical, romantic, impressionist, atonal, expressionist, minimalist, and other modern 20th century 'classical' styles; and because of all my study into these areas, and its influence on my approach to composition, I found it a more appropriate way to list the influence on NeO.

And that's cool if you're not totally appreciating what we're doing. Thanks for taking the time to check us out regardless.
Last edited by Tim Charles at Sep 25, 2007,
Hey Tim, I was wondering if you've had any performances videotaped or anything. I don't know why, but I want to see live footage haha. Or maybe a filmed practice session or something. Don't know if you've done anything like that, but it sounds cool. I've literally had the demo on repeat all day!
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I love "Icicles" as much as I love popsicles. The violin parts in Forget Not is my favorite part of the demo, I have to say. for Tim.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
haha excuse my total ignorance, i feel like an idiot now :P dunno if its not appreciating than just rather the musical composition/mood/feel of the melody being appealing to me, I like certain melodies and some repell me for whatever reasons I can appreciate the originality and musicianship but it's just not clicking with me, last try though, with headphones on, ;P lol, and that's great about the tabs, I really love reading tabs -for whatever ackward reason- but I can sit hours just looking at tabs from random bands, well... yeah... I like tabs... lol