After playing today with my friend drummer, I realized how much I sucked.

Also, I realized I hit a while in my playing...It's quite disappointing. I want to get things back in track and I want as much feedback as possible! (please )

I want to know what a great practice schedule would be like. (Please be specific, don't just tell me to learn this and that, please, don't be too vague.)

Walk my hand through this process, just whatever it takes!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
practice what you have problems with and if thats everything then oh well. btw hows that ocd for metal tones ive been looking at it for awhile but im not sure about it
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i suggest john petrucci's rock discipline dvd. good exercises and advice for practice sessions.
oh yeah always practice with a metrenome
Quote by csn00b
For work on alternate picking try just chromatic runs, slowly at first, and try and speed up your playing, but do it clean or fairly so and using the neck pickup so that you can pickup on mistakes. Being consistent and accurate is key here.

Try working through a book(s) such as Troy Stetina's Metal Lead Guitar series. That can help as well.
i would suggest 3 notes per string scales to a metrenome for alternate picking and economy picking. you could also look up some paul gilbert vids on youtube. you could do chromatic runs as well but i find that i can only play chromatic lines when i practice them. but you could use them as warm up by doing all the combinations such as 1234 1324 1423 2341 2413 2134 2314 etc etc. So like i said 3NPS straight up and down and then do them in intervals of 3rds 4ths and on and on. tryand stay in key by going up the whole neck andif you have problems with that use this
http://www.guitar-dreams.com/threeoctavescales.html
Quote by csn00b
I give to all of you. Thank you all for your kind responses.

To jpgilber: What type of metal do you play? What amp do you have?

I find the OCD to be a powerful overdrive/distortion unit. It's really great for that tone where your sound JUST breaks up and it's great to just add it on to your already mosterous distortion for extra thickness and gain.

Depends what you want and all.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^

I appreciate that comment.

I'm a fan of our rig, as well.

I just want to ask...

Results won't sow right away...right? It'll take months and months? I don't know, it seems that I'm really impatient with my playing.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R