Hi ...

So after a long research i've come down to these two ...and im STUCK !!....which one guys ? ...(i play more of the 70s and 80s ...bon jovi ....def lepp....motley crue ....van halen....mr.big...zepplin....guns n roses) ...
I reckon the Laney is the better amp, I've played both and the Valveking was kind of.... blah. Didn't get me excited. Although the Laney has a 10 inch speaker AFAIK which may make it sound a bit boxier and "smaller".
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'd probably get the Laney LC15 (or 30, which is the same price as the VC15). Have you tried it?
Laney > Everything else in the known universe.
Jk, they're pretty damn near it though.

The VC would deffinately do the classic rock thing better than the Valveking, as well as pretty much everything else. I'm not a fan of the valveking.

Also the LC is more modern sounding and brighter, if you want a classic rock tone go for the VC. It's the overall better quality amp anyway.
Quote by Mittani
I'd probably get the Laney LC15 (or 30, which is the same price as the VC15). Have you tried it?

errrrrrr.....dude ...the lc 30 is waaaaay more costlier than a vc 15
I have been looking at laney amps but what is the difference in the LC15, LC15R, VC15-110?
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by inlovewithmusic
errrrrrr.....dude ...the lc 30 is waaaaay more costlier than a vc 15

Yes, you're right, I retract my statement, don't know what I was thinking >_<
Quote by anonamooseguy
I have been looking at laney amps but what is the difference in the LC15, LC15R, VC15-110?

The LC and VC are different amps. The LC15R has a reverb control, the LC15 doesn't
-Cough- Laney thread in GG&A -Cough-

The VC is more british, vintagey and warm soudning, LC is brighter and more modern, with more gain. The LC15R has reverb, ext. speaker out and an effects loop the LC15 doesnt.
Valvekings are fine. More vesatile and more gain than the Laney. The Laney may be a bit more consistent in the quality control. They are both good amps.
Both good budget valve amps. Build quality wise laney will win definatly but as far as the sounds your going for you'll probably want the 12 inch speaker of the peavey for rock stuff. The valveking also has more gain on tap also i believe.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
peavey windsor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

(of course it's a good bet, it's aimed at those tones!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?