i plan on getting the Dan Jacobs signature LTD guitar and a Peavy ValveKing half stack.
well, im gonna try them first anyway but ive never heard anything bad about them...only fantastic reviews and recommendations.

but what i DID hear is that the guitar only really gives that "punch" through 120watt amps and above....is that true? since this particular ValveKing is only 100watts....

help?
I don't think that the punch thing is true, seeing as a 120 watt amp is 2 percent louder than a 100 watt amp. I have heard bad things about valvkings pertaining to cheap construction and sterile tone. The guitar will have punch through some amps under 120 watts, and some above. Probably not all, but wattage shouldn't REALLY affect it.
ive asked about amps before and people seemed to recommend the Peavy ValveKing 5121 or something like that which is what i was looking at and its kinda in my range now as well since my mom is willing to get me a nice 1000dollar guitar and a half stack.

i was thinking about getting the Line 6 Spider III 150HD Half Stack
just because of all the effects the Line 6 heads come with and that i have a personal liking for them.
but when you here several people say "Line 6 sucks" it kinda sways your mind you know?
oh yeah, and the head is
first of all, what are you going to use the amp for ?
and i find that the VK has sterile tone and not so good tone for being a valve amp.
Last edited by The Masterplan at Jul 28, 2007,
the spider series sucks, bad. i've owned a spider II and ever since i got my valbee (obviously not the greatest tube amp, even among 5 watters i never turned back. a/b a full tube amp and a spider, then you'll realise how crappy the spider is.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
ive asked about amps before and people seemed to recommend the Peavy ValveKing 5121 or something like that which is what i was looking at and its kinda in my range now as well since my mom is willing to get me a nice 1000dollar guitar and a half stack.

i was thinking about getting the Line 6 Spider III 150HD Half Stack
just because of all the effects the Line 6 heads come with and that i have a personal liking for them.
but when you here several people say "Line 6 sucks" it kinda sways your mind you know?
oh yeah, and the head is

it's not a peavey valveking 5121, it a peavey 5150. that would be great amp if you don't need good cleans.
again what are you going to use the amp for ?? gigging, bedroom playing,... and what are your genres ? do you prefer ss or tube ?

the spiders have sterile, very digital and just bad tone. don't even look at those.
if you'd like to have a line 6 amp, look at the flextones or vettas or hd147.
only the distortion channel is sterile in the vlaveking. i highly suggest investing on a Very nice distortion pedal if you do get the valveking oh and a overdrive pedal cus you cant crank it cus of the high watage. the clean is actually really nice. The clean channel sounds really thick and fat but only with the bright button on. Theres pretty much no reason to turn that button off. also dont waste your time with the halfstack. youll jsut realize how loud it is right as you play it. just get the 212 combo which is still unnecesarrily loud