Ok, so at 175 tempo, I can't see how to properly play this. Alternate picking? I can't keep up at all. Any tips? Yes, I do and will continue to practice.

By the way, this song is Haruka Kanata by Asian Kung Fu Generation.
ESP Edwards E-FR-130GT
Roland Cube 30X
Idol: Sakito (Nightmare)
It looks like galloping. Its alernate picking, pick the first note down the way then alternate the next three notes and give it that gallop sound.
If you're unsure on what galloping is check out Battery by Metallica - that should give you an idea on the rhythm
Quote by clement1
It looks like galloping. Its alernate picking, pick the first note down the way then alternate the next three notes and give it that gallop sound.

Yes that's what I would describe the sound. I kept that galloping thought in my mind, and I do say I am playing it quite accurately, but it sounds as if I am pausing unnecessarily or maybe too much. thanks for that.
ESP Edwards E-FR-130GT
Roland Cube 30X
Galloping picking is usually palm muted aswell, although it doesnt say it on the tab - i think it should be.
Quote by Climate
If you're unsure on what galloping is check out Battery by Metallica - that should give you an idea on the rhythm

I had a look at battery, and yeah, I wasn't familiar with the galloping technique. Thinking of it as a technique rather than a series of notes to be played made it seem a whole lot easier.
ESP Edwards E-FR-130GT
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by RosT3n
well.. the first "0" you play with downstroke, the second is also downstroke but the third is upstroke, then reapet over and over.

0 0 0 0 0 0 *d=downstroke
d d u d d u *u=upstroke

This is how i would play it too , a single down stroke for the first single note. then start ur triplets with a down, continue with an up and then a down

0-----0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0
d-----d-u-d---d-u-d---d-u-d---d-u-d---d-u-d