Yeah i got an ESP F-250. I's mad and all but the floyd rose isn't staying in tune, especially on the 3rd and 6th strgins. Any help please???
These walls are closing in, they're bound to suffocate me
Compled to live my life in ways I could never imagine
Can you save the dying eyes? Sentenced to never be free
I stand convicted of all your fucking lies.
Quote by sajuuk
Balance it
Theres not much else it could be dude

sounds like a stupid question for someone with a floyd rose but how do you do that???
alright, is your floyd level with the body? i mean like the base plate of the floyd straight with the body???

if so then it's fine, if not, what you need to do is open up the back, and tighten (if it's raised UP from the body) or loosen the springs (if it's pulling into the body), you will have to re-tune once you get done adjusting it, so leave the back open incase you have to adjust it more

anymore help and i'll try to reply
and only tighten or losen the spring tht needs adjustment ,,,, I thought you had to do both when i started lol
yeah it's level, i only found out how to do that recently lol, but yeah it's still not staying in tune. I have been mucking around with different tunings, mainly 1step down, but I wait until it's properly tuned until i put the locking nuts back on (as you do)...

BTW, it's a licenced FRT, not an original, so would that make a difference to the staying-in-tune capabilities???
sometimes, but i find that people over-exaggerate the badness of them, make sure you realllllllyyyy tighten down the locking nut, i tighten mine down until the allen wrench seems like it's about to bend, lol, i don't think it hurts them, and mine stay in perfect tune, even my cheapy Agile with it's licensed floyd
i swear by floyd roses its just that mine is unco-operative...
stretch your strings
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, you really have to do a lot of string stretching with a Floyd. String it, go to the middle of the neck, grab the string, put your thumb between your first and second fingers and twist. Tighten the string at the pegs. Do it again. Tighten to pitch. Repeat on all strings. Tune to pitch again. Dive bomb the Floyd. Tune. Repeat. etc. Don't be violent but be firm (thats what my girlfriend tells me.)