Poll: As a guitarist, what is the most irritating?
Poll Options
View poll results: As a guitarist, what is the most irritating?
Breaking a string
45 15%
Nonguitarist buddies messing with your stuff
81 28%
People that ask you if you can play a song, and then get all dejected when you can't
88 30%
losing picks, and having no idea where they have gone
77 26%
Voters: 291.
Page 1 of 3
2nd option, especially when it's tuning.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
People that borrow picks.

Seriously, you're a guitarist, you should have pics, you never hear of an artist borrowing a paint brush.

It's the worst when they don't give them back.

Actually this one kid I know always asks to borrow one, and as soon as you hand it to him he has it in his mouth while he does something.

SO ANNOYING
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
"NO WAY MAN, I WON'T BREAK IT. JEEZ YOU THINK I'M STUPID OR SOMETHING? WHAT AN ASS...."

10 minutes later...

"Hey, the stupid strings broke!!!!"

For ****'s sake. How hard do they think the have to strum? It's a ****ing guitar, not a punchbag...
Drummers
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Quote by hamish5178
People that borrow picks.

Seriously, you're a guitarist, you should have pics, you never hear of an artist borrowing a paint brush.

It's the worst when they don't give them back.

Actually this one kid I know always asks to borrow one, and as soon as you hand it to him he has it in his mouth while he does something.

SO ANNOYING

haha been there done that....no one takes my picks anymore though....because they are jazz picks....no one is used to them being so small, and are afraid to use the little devils in fear they will "hurt derr whittle fingwers on teh stringsss"
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
lol someday im gonna decide to clean my room and at some point im gonna find the motherload of dunlop 60mm's i have lost over the years
I have had the same Dunlop 1.0mm for over 2 years... How do you lose picks? Last time I broke a string? A long time ago... I don't have friends who aren't musicians that are stupid enough to touch anything I own without asking... I guess people always asking me to play Stairway to Heaven or Iron Man... Two songs I hate so much, I like Led Zep but that song was some serious faggage. Don't even get me started on Sabbath; no respect at all there due to Ozzy.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
vocalists playing with your guitar when you set it down
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by i have to pee
I have had the same Dunlop 1.0mm for over 2 years... How do you lose picks? Last time I broke a string? A long time ago... I don't have friends who aren't musicians that are stupid enough to touch anything I own without asking... I guess people always asking me to play Stairway to Heaven or Iron Man... Two songs I hate so much, I like Led Zep but that song was some serious faggage. Don't even get me started on Sabbath; no respect at all there due to Ozzy.

This next statement is based on every single part of your comment.

You, my friend, are not a real guitarist...

YOU'RE AN ALIEN!!!

*gasp*
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Sham-Rock
lol someday im gonna decide to clean my room and at some point im gonna find the motherload of dunlop 60mm's i have lost over the years

60?!
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by arondadi
Drummers

+1
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by metallica_death
+1

+2 Just drummers in general...

Oh and tuning, that is the worst thing about playing guitar
Quote by vivalasoad883
As a guitarist, which is the most irritating

Anyway on topic...

Definatley losing plectrums or when they burn down and end up about half the size.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
When youre playing and a bunch of pricks come along and say (taking the piss) 'Ooh,i can play guitar,im better than you too' and youre just sitting there minding your own business
I fucl<ing hate them!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
People telling me to play a song. If I don't play something, then "I suck at guitar." If I don't play something that the person likes, then "I suck at guitar."

Well, I'm sorry that I'm a funky-blues player with a hint of Ted Nugent. Here, I'll learn some Blink 182 just for assholes like yourself!
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by hellbound_jonny
Anyway on topic...

Definatley losing plectrums or when they burn down and end up about half the size.

wtf how do you do that ???
Losing picks...I lost one the other night and almost started cursing very loudly. Then I found it on my mouse pad. I know that I didn't put it there, but somehow it migrated.
Moar?
Quote by The Masterplan

He's just that ****ing metal!!!
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i hate when my friends play with my guitar
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Quote by The Masterplan

I ask myself the same question but I think pehaps because the picks I use are of poor quality.

That and constant use.

Edit: And being F*cking metal of course!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Last edited by hellbound_jonny at Jul 28, 2007,
Quote by Jekkyl
People telling me to play a song. If I don't play something, then "I suck at guitar." If I don't play something that the person likes, then "I suck at guitar."

Well, I'm sorry that I'm a funky-blues player with a hint of Ted Nugent. Here, I'll learn some Blink 182 just for assholes like yourself!

Youre right,take no notice of sh1ts like them.

We should start a revolution against fucl<ing noobs who think theyre great
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by hellbound_jonny
I ask myself the same question but I think pehaps because the picks I use are of poor quality.

That and constant use.

Edit: And being F*cking metal of course!

:O that happens to me they start off all nice and pointed then within a few days they have little in dents at each side of the point then it rounds off and wears down till its like a 2p coin
dava control green however manage to withstand the abuse i give.stagg picks just ****ing melt
Quote by cmasterprice
random question here but, is a 1.50mm pick to thick? i play mostly 80's rock.(if that helps)

I prefer 1.14, but meh.. I don't play 80's rock

On topic, however... Breaking a string is not that irritating if you have a spare at home. However, if you don't, it can be pretty damn annoying.
The 1st, surprisingly enough, doesn't bother me that much haha, good job really, although i'm not a gigging guitarist so I suppose breaking a string at home isn't quite that same on the stage in front of people

the 2nd doesn't really apply, almost all my close friends who are going to be in my house near my guitars are all guitarists, and other friends just stay away through fear of embarassing themselves i think

3rd has never happened to me, although I could imagine it being frustrating

and 4th is definitely the most annoying, i CANT stand thinking i've put a pick down somewhere and turning around to find it's gone, but i never learn and i never make any attempt at keeping track of them. I only have myself to blame
I only have one pick, which I always carry in my pocket, so whenever I lose it I freak out.
Quote by cmasterprice
random question here but, is a 1.50mm pick to thick? i play mostly 80's rock.(if that helps)

i use 1.3mm brain

works niceley on 11's
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Other guitarists annoy me. Especially here, where everyone plays Nickelback, AC/DC, and Foo Fighters.
Sent from my iPad.
Thick picks annoy the crap out of me.... 0.60 is the thickest I'll ever use, .38's and lower are awesome, but they snap really fast.
How is breaking a string not number 1? It's so annoying. Your're just playing along and then *twank* ......... MOTHER****ER...... really.

Love the Low end
Page 1 of 3