-Hey my band Yoke of Iron is starting to get pretty serious. Our myspace is in my sig. We're a six-piece band: 2 vocalists, 2 guitars, a bass (me), and a drummer. We've been having some problems with one of our vocalists, because he told us he knew how to sing. Well he didn't, but we taught him and he picked up pretty quickly. He's an actor in all of the school plays. He's a brilliant writer though, he's one of the best in poetry club. Only thing though now is that he's not a rocker. He wears preppy clothes all the time, is extremely metro, and doesn't fully understand the difference between stages of a school play and a rock concert. He's learning though 0and we're proud of him for how far he's come, I think he just needs a little more time.

-We've played a couple gigs and just 2 weeks ago we opened for Drowning Pool with a couple of other bands when they came into town. We're currently recording our demo in my amateur studio in my basement. I record, mix, and master everything you hear. We were thinking about having a 7 song demo, all originals. Lately a couple of the guys were talking about a name change. I honestly don't think so, I think it's a fine name. It's different, you know.

- Sorry about my little rant, but anyways I was wondering what you guys thought of us, our music, my production of songs, and anything else that comes to mind. I want your honest opinions please! Thanks you guys, I greatly appreciate it!

Max-Bass-[Yoke of Iron]
thanks for listening to mine and giving it your opinion!

bleed the bells-could have better sound quality on the bass intro...I like the next riff and vocals, but the vocals could have a little better pitch on them...not so monotone, okay it gets better after a little, I like the way the drums are, love the chorus! sounds tight! love how it goes back to the bass intro with some ride cymbal...and the guitar part is tight and the bridge is good too...I like the screaming a lot!!

overall, I would work on the vocals in this song...that's probably the worst thing here, but this song is really good!

aright, what I hear I like, I really like the song bleed the bells, I'll listen to more later, but right now I have to go to work
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
hey thanks for the comments, i really appriciate it!

I listened to your recordings, and I must say there is alot of potential, but to be honest the weakest part is definately the vocals, which is a pretty big downside, since in my opinion vocals is everything. a really bad recording can be saved by a great voice, but not the other way around.

You got good arrangements, nice riffs, very cool drums!, etc, just have to work on the vocals. Most of the time, it just sounds like he isnt really singing out to someone, more like singing to himself or talking.

Production/Mixing-wise, i think the guitars needs some work. They sound very digital. I could recommend using "Guitar-Rig 2" for your guitars. Right now it sounds like you are using like a bad Zoom pedal. Guitar-Rig2 really delivers a extremely natural and realistic sound. Its a VST-plug for Cubase or any other recording program. Highly recommend it, i've used it for all our recordings which we did at my place, and its not very expensive.
It even sounds better then the POD II.

For the vocals, i would recommend applying a compressor-plugin to get the articulation & punch of the words on a somewhat same level, sounds more professional.

here are 2 sites that deal with mixing, good reading!
http://www.homerecordingconnection.com/news.php?action=view_cat&cat_id=2
http://www.audiomelody.com/1/articles/how_to_mix_a_pop_song_from_scratch

cheers!
The vocals hurt me (They were really weak, dude. :/), but everything else definitely had potential!

Tell your singers to be more empowered, possibly sing at different times more often, just be less flat, and try to hit similar notes with their voice because right now it kinda sounds all over the place when they both sing at the same time. Do something to get them really excited about the singing!

On top of that (I hate to recommend this, but...), if you can get one to do the whole screaming talk thing (I'm sure it takes more skill than a person would think, sadly. :s) most of the time and the other really going for the actual singing, you may be able to sound better. If done correctly, that could actually sound good. Of course, doing something like that could change the whole sound, which may or may not be preferable for you guys. A clear alternative is to just both of their voices in good sync with each other and have both of em singin good (I'm sure this is also easier said than done.).

Production/Mixing-wise, i think the guitars needs some work. They sound very digital. I could recommend using "Guitar-Rig 2" for your guitars. Right now it sounds like you are using like a bad Zoom pedal. Guitar-Rig2 really delivers a extremely natural and realistic sound. Its a VST-plug for Cubase or any other recording program. Highly recommend it, i've used it for all our recordings which we did at my place, and its not very expensive.
It even sounds better then the POD II.

Quoted for truth.

Good luck with everything!
Thanks guys! You guys are great. Have some really good potential. Maybe we can see you guys someday. Keep up the great work. And thanks for the support.
Quote by xVSxNightmare
if you can get one to do the whole screaming talk thing (I'm sure it takes more skill than a person would think, sadly.

Agreed, I think this would sound a lot better with death vocals in the back, thickening thing up a bit.

At the very least you should have the singers do a little private practice together to sync their voices up harmony wise. And tell them to be louder! They sound okay, but there's a distinct lack of power behind them.

Over all though, it sounds pretty good. I'd go to your shows if I lived in Ohio!
everything was pretty sweet. well. instrumentwise. i liked the guitar work/ but the singing kinda threw it off. i recomend getting a new singer or something. it wasnt too bad, but it was bad enough.

thanks for listening to my band!
AMP
Bugera 6260
Egnater Renegade
Rack Setup
Furman Power Conditioner
Korg Tuner
BBE sonic Maximizer
DBX Equalizer
GUITARS
Gibson Les Paul
Fender Custom Shop '72 Tele Deluxe