I've been after a new amp for some time now. And i'm pretty set on buying a Laney VC, but the question is which one...

It's either the 15 or the 30 watt basicaly. I'm usually playing at bedroom levels, but i have the chance of band practice's or possibly a small gig 6 - 12 months down the road. So which one should i get?

Cheers, Tom.

p.s don't recommend different amps, i've played the VC and it's orgasmic
i would say the 30, cause you dont have to put it at full blast when your playin in your room, but you can for the show... though i dont know if it will be all that loud with 30 watts
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
15 watts might not be enough for a gig, so i would go with the 30. another thing to consider is the speakers, like whether its a 112 or a 212.
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC
30 watts is enough for a gig and pretty decent bedroom levels.

depends how big the gig is really..
Thanks for the quick replies, guys. And Kyle, will the speakers make the amp quieter/louder at all?
if you´re sure that you´ll play with a band, get the 30W at least..That should do the trick as it´s valve!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
i'd go with the 30- i thought it sounded "better", and it's not very much more cash either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey, i have a 6505+ head for practise and gigging so 30 watts valve should be no problem
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by thellamaking
Thanks for the quick replies, guys. And Kyle, will the speakers make the amp quieter/louder at all?

the more speakers, the "bigger" it will sound. more air will be getting pushed so it will sound louder.
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC