my genres are: blues, classic rock, jazz, alternative, blues rock, indie, rock, britpop and some santana sounds.

would i need a whammy bar for these genres ?

thanks
not really i dont think but if u wanna do hendrix (GOD) stuff then u will need one
Empty Space
Thats really only something you can answer, but judging from some of the styles mentioned (thats a lot of variety there btw), you probably do want a whammy.
you dont ever really NEED one per se, but it gives you so many different options
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Quote by !xobile
you dont ever really NEED one per se, but it gives you so many different options

examples ? (except the pitch changing of course)
Quote by gooey moo
not really i dont think but if u wanna do hendrix (GOD) stuff then u will need one

Clapton was God.

I have one for my Strat, but I rarely use it, and find that it just tends to make it easier for me to bump into things. They're not really a necessity.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
Clapton was God.

I have one for my Strat, but I rarely use it, and find that it just tends to make it easier for me to bump into things. They're not really a necessity.

to bump into things ??
you never know what you will start playing, I was a tele player, and then started loving van halen and always use the trem
Quote by The Masterplan
examples ? (except the pitch changing of course)

whammy bar harmonics are always fun
The Whammy Bar in my opinion is just a substitute to using wide vibrato and sliding back and forth from nearby frets, all at the same time. If it's hard for you to do that (it surely ain't easy if you want the sound), and if you need to use that technique, get yourself a whammy bar.
It is my lifelong mission to bring grunge back for a few more years.
Quote by SilentDirge
Thats really only something you can answer, but judging from some of the styles mentioned (thats a lot of variety there btw), you probably do want a whammy.

for what styles would i want one ?
I wouldn't say that you NEED a whammy bar for any of those genres, although you may like to use it occasionally.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
maybe you should go to a shop and play around on some guitars with one and see if you like it
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
Quote by Mongoose87
Clapton was God.

+6,000,000,000 because that many people think that too, XD