Poll: Is Jessica qualified?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Jessica qualified?
Yes, if she can do what any other officer can do
30 88%
No, she has a mental disorder
4 12%
Voters: 34.
So... I've been disussing a news story with Republicans (I'm conservative, and don't affiliate directly with any party, but Republicans are more conservative) at the MySpace Republicans forums.

The title of the thread is this: "Doesn't this just make you sick?"

And the starter posts a news story. In short, a man who has not yet had a sex-change operation has been hired to be a police officer. Her name is Jessica, and is saving up for an operation. She has worked hard to be a police officer, and she was about to commit suicide, when she became a police officer, and is now cleaning up the streets.

Many of the people on the Republican forums believe that Jessica is "dillusional and mentally unstable" and equate her condition to that of a man who dresses like a dog and eats dog food. They say that "gender indentity disorder" is just as bad as schizophrenia, and other real mental disorders. Then they bring up a point about a hypothetical situation in which my kids' first grade teacher is transexual.

I, however, believe that if Jessica is qualified for the job, passes all the tests, and does a good job, then there should be no problem. And if Jessica were a teacher, I would have no problem with her teaching my children if she was qualified for the job.

What do you guys think?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Let her do it. After all, if she goes nuts and shoots someone, it will get covered up just the same as it does any other time(I'm assuming the American procedures for this are just as efficient as the 'investigation' the Met had into the shooting of that Brazillian bloke).
It could possibly be classed as a mental disorder, but it doesn't lead to quite the same instability that schizophrenia does or whatever. I think it'd be fine, barring a few issues to do with gender such as locker rooms or the presence of female officers at the arrest of a female suspect or whatever (don't know if that happens in the USA, but in the UK whenever a woman is arrested and charged, a female officer must always be present. Or at least that used to be the case).
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
It could possibly be classed as a mental disorder, but it doesn't lead to quite the same instability that schizophrenia does or whatever. I think it'd be fine, barring a few issues to do with gender such as locker rooms or the presence of female officers at the arrest of a female suspect or whatever (don't know if that happens in the USA, but in the UK whenever a woman is arrested and charged, a female officer must always be present. Or at least that used to be the case).

Well, it is right to bring up * issues, but I'm more concerned with Jessica's ability to do the job. I've seen male officers search females, and vice versa in America. And the locker room issue... put Jessica with the females. When she has the operation, it'll all work out.

EDIT: *I mean gender issues
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
I totally agree with you. Sometimes these uber-conservatives just tire me. (No offense)
I don't know why she would want to do it, I think it's wrong but, it doesn't really impact her ability to do the job, so I would but aside my beliefs and let her do it.
There are much, much, much worse cops out there than a hardworking she-man. While, yes, I can see validity in the statement that homosexuality is a mental disorder, that doesn't mean he/she shouldn't be able to do his/her job the he/she has worked hard for. In fact, that statement alone should attribute more for the cause for anti-discrimination than anything. If you want to treat it as a disease you don't need to double back your own logic, and I don't think we'll see people getting fired for having cancer any time soon. So buzz off and mind your own business, until he/she shows that he/she is incapable of doing his/her job it affects absolutely no one.

I hate high horses.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
If he/she is capable of doing the job she is being paid to do, then please, feel free shut the fuck up and let her do it.

You can bet that for every case like this, there are dozens of apparently "normal"* coppers that are utterly incapable and unsuitable for the job that go about their business unquestioned. In fact, hundreds.

*read: Acceptable to uber-conservatives.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
There are much, much, much worse cops out there than a hardworking she-man. While, yes, I can see validity in the statement that homosexuality is a mental disorder, that doesn't mean he/she shouldn't be able to do his/her job the he/she has worked hard for. In fact, that statement alone should attribute more for the cause for anti-discrimination than anything. If you want to treat it as a disease you don't need to double back your own logic, and I don't think we'll see people getting fired for having cancer any time soon. So buzz off and mind your own business, until he/she shows that he/she is incapable of doing his/her job it affects absolutely no one.

I hate high horses.

For all I know, heterosexuality could be a mental disorder aswell.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

I hate high horses.

because its different from the usual?

thats stupid

Jack my swag
Quote by European Son

Well no, considering heterosexuality could never effectively end the human race, it serves a biological purpose for the survival of a species. Homosexuality, on the other hand, quite clearly has no purpose to it other than sexual gratification (We're talking on a base level here, not "Love" and the like, which could be an entire psychological book, and probably has been). It's fairly obvious that homosexuality is a negative (In the grand scheme of things) mutation of heterosexuality, or in other words: a mental disorder.

That being said however, I feel it is necessary to make it clear that I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, I support them as a whole and respect the plights they have to go through. Like I said, if anything characterizing homosexuality as a mental disorder is a claim for anti-discrimination.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by European Son
I totally agree with you. Sometimes these uber-conservatives just tire me. (No offense)

I am "uber" conservative. My conservative outlook on life is pretty much limited to my beliefs in self responsibily and reliance. These views lead me to a very conservative outlook on where my tax money goes. I don't like feeding crackwhores. However if you wish to remove your penis and drive from the ladies tee that is your business. Not mine or anyone else. The "RELIGIOUS RIGHT" tire me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I am "uber" conservative. My conservative outlook on life is pretty much limited to my beliefs in self responsibily and reliance. These views lead me to a very conservative outlook on where my tax money goes. I don't like feeding crackwhores. However if you wish to remove your penis and drive from the ladies tee that is your business. Not mine or anyone else. The "RELIGIOUS RIGHT" tire me.

Meh... What are you trying to say?

Anyway, if she's qualified for the job, let her do it. To stop her from doing it just because she has a "mental disorder", as some prefer to call it, is just sad.
Quote by European Son

+1
the way i look at it, hormones in our bodies could be at the same level as the melanin in our skin..its just how youre born.
Quote by European Son
Meh... What are you trying to say?

Anyway, if she's qualified for the job, let her do it. To stop her from doing it just because she has a "mental disorder", as some prefer to call it, is just sad.

I am trying to say I was agreeing with you but don't confuse (at least American) conservatism with christian zealots that claim to be conservative.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Well no, considering heterosexuality could never effectively end the human race, it serves a biological purpose for the survival of a species. Homosexuality, on the other hand, quite clearly has no purpose to it other than sexual gratification (We're talking on a base level here, not "Love" and the like, which could be an entire psychological book, and probably has been). It's fairly obvious that homosexuality is a negative (In the grand scheme of things) mutation of heterosexuality, or in other words: a mental disorder.

That being said however, I feel it is necessary to make it clear that I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, I support them as a whole and respect the plights they have to go through. Like I said, if anything characterizing homosexuality as a mental disorder is a claim for anti-discrimination.

(1)Well, basically, that's what it's doing right now. In a hundred years there probably wont be enough food to feed the entire planet, and that's where homosexuality comes in. Some scientists believe that homosexuality is a "cure" to heterosexuality. Once earth gets overpopulated, more and more people will be born as homosexuals. So.. (2) it doesn't have to be a mental disorder at all.
Quote by Jackal58
I am trying to say I was agreeing with you but don't confuse (at least American) conservatism with christian zealots that claim to be conservative.

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. I just used the wrong word for it, I guess.
I have no problem with it at all. It's nice to see that there are still a few conservatives that have some common respect...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by European Son
(1)Well, basically, that's what it's doing right now. In a hundred years there probably wont be enough food to feed the entire planet, and that's where homosexuality comes in. Some scientists believe that homosexuality is a "cure" to heterosexuality. Once earth gets overpopulated, more and more people will be born as homosexuals. So.. (2) it doesn't have to be a mental disorder at all.

hmmm funny how everything falls into place. Theres always been homosexuals though. But yeah the more peopel there are the more diversity (duh).
well as for a mental disorder, thats a little harsh when it could be just a fluke that a guy was born with more estrogen and progesterone than normal and a girl was born with more testosterone than normal. If anyone wants to argue with me there than please explain why most homosexuals act like the opposite sex. Of course you could become a homosexual due to sexual abuse as a child. Like a daughter getting raped by a male or a mother sexually molesting her son. Thats why some of them dont neccessarily look different. Take Otep Shamaya from Otep. She's lesbian but I would have never known. She suffered abuse and such growing up. Now look at Rosie O Donnel. Which one looks more masculine? You could tell right off the bat rosie is a lesbo. She was obviously born with more testosterone.

Well, with me Im bi, because I have an open mind and I can see beauty of both genders...it depends on the person to me. Idc if theyre man or woman. It isnt a matter of making up my mind between both genders. I honestly do like both of them. A lot of people just say theyre bi for attention (which gets on my ****ing nerves),but that isnt the case for everyone.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
hmmm funny how everything falls into place. Theres always been homosexuals though. But yeah the more peopel there are the more diversity (duh).

What I meant was, when earth gets overpopulated, a higher percentage of the human race will be born as homosexuals. It's just a theory, though.
Quote by European Son
Rrrrreally?

Well, somebody will come in and make some very inflammatory comment, and then it will probably turn into a big argument.

Anyways, I agree. Just because someone is transsexual doesn't mean they crazy or dangerous. And the theory mentioned about homosexuality is really interesting, I never considered it that way before. If someone could prove homosexuality was less prevalent in the past, it would be even more ineteresting.
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
Quote by SGK531
Well, somebody will come in and make some very inflammatory comment, and then it will probably turn into a big argument.

Anyways, I agree. Just because someone is transsexual doesn't mean they crazy or dangerous. And the theory mentioned about homosexuality is really interesting, I never considered it that way before. If someone could prove homosexuality was less prevalent in the past, it would be even more ineteresting.

Yeah, it's an interesting theory. I mean.. basically everything in nature has a purpose (as far as I know). Wouldn't it be kinda strange if homosexuality didn't?