Alright, im gonna be Inheriting some money from one of my relatives, and i was gonna use a tiny bit of it to upgrade Equipment(2000 or so canadian) and my parents wont let me use it, even though the money is something I inherited, and is in MY name, and they inherited there own share of money, so i was wondering how can i convince them to let me use the money? and also im gonna need to raise about 1 more grand to help pay for the guitar (SG Supreme, using 1 grand of inheritance for it) so how could i get that money together pretty fast?
save it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
psh college? yeah right
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Chewbacca:

Born on the tree filled planet, Kashyyk, the more than two centuries old wookie is co-pilot of the Millenium Falcon and a loyal friend to Han Solo, the Corellian who rescues the Wookie from an Imperial labour camp. The pair worked as smugglers before joining the Rebel Alliance.

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
do yourself a favor - don't buy the SG. Spend $400 on a guitar and put the rest in savings. More money doesn't always = better guitar. More money generally = more popular and hyped up brand name
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
listen to your parents.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
do yourself a favor - don't buy the SG. Spend $400 on a guitar and put the rest in savings. More money doesn't always = better guitar. More money generally = more popular and hyped up brand name

Wrong and wrong again. Let him do whatever he wants with his money, and it isn't about what you want to do with his money, he wants to know how to convince his parents to let him spend the money.
i wouldnt spend 2000 dollars on a guitar(unless you are pretty rich). you can get a pretty nice guitar for under 1000. i would do that then save the rest
My gear:
gibson sg
fender stratocaster
vox AD30
crybaby wah
yeah, theres really no point to an sg supreme. honestly, i think they look pretty goofy.

get an sg standard, its a lot cheaper and play like a dream. great pickups too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC
alrighty, aboutt he college thing, i already am saving enouph as is, and i Inherited ALOT of money, so 2 grand is nothing out of it. the rest of the money is going straight to savings to pay as a downpayment(or at least go towards one) on a home once im done university.
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Jul 28, 2007,
Quote by feedthenight
Wrong and wrong again. Let him do whatever he wants with his money, and it isn't about what you want to do with his money, he wants to know how to convince his parents to let him spend the money.

If you actually believe he's going to be able to convince his parents to let him spend $1000 he inherited from a dead relative on a guitar, then you must be as retarded as the threadstarter. Seriously, TS do you think your parents are doing this to be mean and unfair, and they aren't letting you spend your money becaues they hate you? No you moron, they're saving your money from you and your wasteful spending. If you are young enough so that your parents are still in control of you, you should be saving up all your money for college and not wasting 2000 dollars on a guitar. "but I don't need college, Im gonna be a rock star!!!!!1111oneoneone!!11" There is no reason for you to spend so much on a guitar when you don't even have a job. Don't be stupid and listen to your parents.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
uhh, to pieceofmind666 im actually going to university, i was top of my class in math, science and english and am going to try and get a degree in teaching, im not counting on becoming a rockstar, and i dont think my parents hate me, but i already have a lot of money saved up for college, so please stick to the question and dont act smart about stuff you dont know anything about. and quite frankly, i dont think IM the mentally retarded one.
High-intrest saving account?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Save half of it then put the rest towards the guitar/s....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
if its in your name and crap cant you get it without their permission?
If You Worry about Critics, Him, Her, and Them.....It's Already Too Late.
Whether or not the TS can access the money depends on the terms of the bequest. If it's being held in trust in his name, then it will likely be for a specified period, and until that's over, no spendy.
Quote by Tubyboulin
uhh, to pieceofmind666 im actually going to university, i was top of my class in math, science and english and am going to try and get a degree in teaching, im not counting on becoming a rockstar, and i dont think my parents hate me, but i already have a lot of money saved up for college, so please stick to the question and dont act smart about stuff you dont know anything about. and quite frankly, i dont think IM the mentally retarded one.

Well, if you are already in college, then I am thinking you are over 18. If you are over 18, you can do with it what you want. You are a legal adult. There's also what the above guy said. Most wills don't let you receive money until a certain age. I forget what kind of trust that is, but most won't let you get money until 25.

The thing that has been bothering me is that if you are going to a university, and are top of your class in English, then why do you type like a lazy twelve year old? I see many English-related errors in there for an English expert. That is, unless you are going to Hazzard County U.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Last edited by cjblack532 at Jul 28, 2007,
Bladeslinger, you just said what ive been saying this entire time, i inherited way more than 2 grand, thats all going to savings(yes high interest account) im not blowing everything on a guitar and amp.
uhh when i said "Going to University" i ment i will be going when i get out of highschool, not that im going right now. and i am just not trying to right correct english, no one cares on here so whats the point?
Yes, nobody cares on UG, I know that. But, whatever. It isn't my place to start an argument with a fellow AC/DC fan.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Welp, if your parents don't let you use the money, use it anyway. Sew 'em, its your money, then you'll have even more cash :p
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by Tubyboulin

Oh, really? Wow. In that case, you're right, your parents shouldn't be able to keep the money from you. I was assuming you were some 13 year old kid who wanted a gibson and he was going to waste all his money on it. Allright then, go for it if you want to.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by Gmp211
Welp, if your parents don't let you use the money, use it anyway. Sew 'em, its your money, then you'll have even more cash :p

I think if he sews his parents he will get sent to jail for a while. That is some twisted ****, dude.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
dude invest all of the savings into like 1 year CDs. they have insane interest, and you have no need for the money anyway. the thing is you can't get the money for any reason while it's in there, but you're just a kid, so it's not like you'll need it in an emergency. besides, with the extra cash you make you'll probably get your parents to let you use some of it.

and people telling him to save it all and saying a guitar is a waste of the money, picture this. he saves the money, say for a house or something. is it really going to matter if he's 2 grand shorter? i mean either way, he's going to buy the house, and if he has to wait a few months to save up the money he used for the guitar, is that really a big deal? besides, you have hardly any time in this life to spend money on the things you've always wanted, like your dream guitar. after you're older, it all seems to find its way into paying bills and such, even when you have extra money. so when you're 40, thinking about how you'd always wanted an SG supreme, and a nice halfstack, you'll wish you'd have bought it with your inheritance money, not have 'invested' it to pay for this home you don't really care about anyway, which is just as mediocre as any other house you could've bought for 2 grand less.

EDIT: ^ noice technical burn.