Hi, I am learning Crazy Train, I basically got the whole song down, minus the solo and intro. You see, I learned the intro note for note, and it still sounded like complete crap. Timing was perfect, etc. So I decided to look up other people playing it on Youtube, I came across a lesson, and saw the person just down picking it. I was alternate picking. Now that I down pick, it sounds completely perfect. Now I am very happy, but I am wondering, it the intro supposed to be down picked only?
Be cool.
It shouldn't matter. Maybe when you are alternate picking you are palm muting too much or not enough?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Uhm no i transition pick and it sounds fine . You have just have the rhythm off when alternating
Quote by ibanez_rocker
It shouldn't matter. Maybe when you are alternate picking you are palm muting too much or not enough?

Nop, my palm muting is fine. I do it the same for each different picking style. This is weird. Because I was struggling with it when I alternate picked, but now its a piece of cake and sounds great. Hmmm...

EDIT: I am watching the Crazy Train After Hours, and it me it looks as though Randy is down picking it. Can someone else confirm/deny this for me?
Be cool.
Personally i can downpick the intro and alternate pick it and it doesn't sound too different either way to me. To the question supposed to i believe it is downpicked by Randy to give it a heavy more powerful sound.
Quote by JC13
I thought it was in standard..

It is.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
... So did I. Anyway, I doesn't matter, it sounds the same way to me whether I down, up, sweep, or alternate pick it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
shouldnt really matter whether you alternate or just down pick. i think rhoads down picks exclusively though...
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
dude it doesnt matter unless if you are picking it wrong. because when i do it doesnt matter.
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."