alright, so today i bought a new speaker cabinet to go with my 100watt windsor head. the 4x12 is a little much to carry around in the university dorm rooms, so i got an avatar 2x12 cabinet. I matched the impedience (8ohms) on the cab and the head, but is there anything else i should be aware of?

i've heard stories of people blowing out their speaker cabinets, and i don't want that to happen to me. how does this work? if i crank up the volume to high will it blow? how high can i take it? i really like this cab, i don't want to set it on fire.
Do you know the wattage rating of the cab? If not, what speakers does it have in it?

I'm thinking if you have the opportunity to blow a speaker in a dorm room with a 100W head, you've got a pretty liberal dorm there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
nevermind, i found that it says 200 watts handling on the website (that i missed somehow the first couple times i was looking for it). i'd assume i'd be alright with 200 watts handling on my 100 watt head.

and yes, 100 watts in a dorm is a little excessive. i was thinking more about live playing situations.