When picking at 170+ speed is it common to have to use the arm more then the wrist to help increase the speed of the picking?

If its not are there any practices I can do to help increase my wrist speed?

I'm also noticing that when i play at higher speeds and focus really hard at keeping it coming from my wrist that the top portion of my forearm starts to get sore. Is this from picking incorrectly.
Last edited by metalisformen at Jul 28, 2007,
nah arm will make you slower... its also only slightly wrist....think about your thumb.... and your wrist will automatically start working
Its all im my wrist, and proper posture

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by MastaTheif
nah arm will make you slower... its also only slightly wrist....think about your thumb.... and your wrist will automatically start working

What do u mean think about my thumb?
I think he meant if you focus on moving your thumb and not your wrist or arm. When you move your thumb your wrist will move as well according to it.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Quote by Jonakin
I think he meant if you focus on moving your thumb and not your wrist or arm. When you move your thumb your wrist will move as well according to it.

exactly it good job
Try to pick from the wrist, you'll have much more control than picking from the arm.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Masturbation
LMAO
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1