i guess america is a hard place to make it big in a black metal band. its to hard to compete with the hardcore scene
Not to mention that so many Americans are Catholics and Christians. There's no hope for black metal on this soil.
Quote by freebird22891
Killswitch Engage???

Their frontman is black.

Oh my dear god that was good.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
Quote by freebird22891
Killswitch Engage???

Their frontman is black.

pwn't
but in all seriousness...america doesnt really do black metal...
Just try it, you can be one of the first American Black Metal bands if you're good enough.
cuz all black metal sounds the same...its really hard to fide something orginal in America that other black metal bands in others places havn't done...and that killswitch thing was funny as hell
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by rock_and_blues
we arent kvlt enough

+1.

Then again, most black metal bands in America fail because they all try the same bull****, and copycat the second wave.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by LoserkidRazzie
Not to mention that so many Americans are Catholics and Christians. There's no hope for black metal on this soil.

norway is full of Christians too
Most american black metal bands either aren't full on black metal(like industrial black metal etc) or suck...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Arthur Curry
They like to contain all of the shitty music in Norway.

only kidding of course.

+1
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
its hard to make it in black metal in america because thats all people play over here and it get tiresome atleast in New Mexico for some reason its really big with the mexicans here.
Not true. There are some good US BM bands such as Xasthur, Pantheon and Judas Iscariot.

You aren't going to "make it big" in an extreme metal band, period. Region doesn't matter.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Last edited by AzureNight at Jul 28, 2007,
Quote by mfkr511
i guess america is a hard place to make it big in a black metal band. its to hard to compete with the hardcore scene

its TOO hard. I really hate it when people dont use the words to and too properly
Quote by The Madcap
Many genres aren't played in America as much as I would like to hear...

+1

I'd really love to hear some good Flamenco.
Quote by Pacifica112J
+1

I'd really love to hear some good Flamenco.

once agian move to new mexico