I'm looking at buying the 150 watt half stack and i was wondering if anyone owns one and how its been working for them. i tried it out at a local music store and it sounds great, i just wanna know hows it held up for other people.
depending on your style of music, you might want to look into something like a 30 watt tube combo.

and yes, you wont get much positive feedback on spiders from UG, or me.
Quote by allstrats726
depending on your style of music, you might want to look into something like a 30 watt tube combo.

and yes, you wont get much positive feedback on spiders from UG, or me.

coming from the guy with a spider II.

i know most people hate them, i wanna find out from the people that actually own one, if there is some.
I recently bought a new amp for home/practice

I played the Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt vs. Hughes & Kettner 30DFX 30 Watt - the H&K blew it away. Iv played on the Line 6 Spider II for a few months at a buddies and didnt mind it, until I played on an H&K.

To each his own, play a few models and see what works for you

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
well that's what you wanted right? feedback from someone who owns one... there you have it
you can get some decent distortion tones out of a spider, especially for modern rock sounds. no doubt about that.

but by the nature of digital amps, they just aren't that responsive. they just dont bring out the dynamics and such in your playing. its all personal preference though

edit: i know i have a spider II, not a III. i played the III last week though, there really wasn't any big difference between the two.
I have a spider 2 ... sucks. Please dont buy it. If you are not sure just dont buy anything and wait some months and get more money and buy something better.
Quote by inbloom27
coming from the guy with a spider II.

i know most people hate them, i wanna find out from the people that actually own one, if there is some.

you just trye to diss someone with the amp thats the exact same as yours, just older!
They're designed to sound okish (ableit a bit digital sounding) in the shop and in your bedroom but as soon as you put it with other instruments/ play out live with band/ play with a drummer your pretty screwed as you will not cut threw the mix at all.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
i got a spider ll 75 watt and i like it

u can git alot of sounds out of it
I have a line 6 spider ||| 30 watt and you can buy it off of me? im getting rid of it because if you turn the volume up past like 3-4 it gets muddy sounding and it's horrible. It is NOTHING more then a practice amp!!! The halfstack will be just as bad, and I don't think a solid state halfstack is even worth thinking about. get a tube combo or a tube halfstack you will be SOOOO glad you didn't buy a line 6 product.

but seriously.. anyone wanna buy my spider 30 watt?? i need to get rid of it to get a mesa boogie single rec halfstack!!
i got a line 6 spider ll 75 watt. it works great and its got a lot of effects built into it. i think its a good chioce.
if you think it sounds great, go for it. most people would disagree. and i think you will find that in a few months you wont like the sound so much anymore. i suggest you go try out a few other amps in the same price range (not halfstacks though) and see how it compares to them. if you still like it best, then go for it.
dude just crank the treble and boom ull hear a star wars gun shooting at you
Sorry about the comment about the sandwich. That seems to be considered flaming. I was just trying to be funny to make a point. I guess you can curse, call names and otherwise disrespect others on this forum without consequences, just don't refer to the dreaded lunch meat.
bottom line is don't get a line 6, end of this thread thank you.

or you can choose to buy it and find out the hard way like I did? your choice
I wouldn't consider buying a Spider III, II, MG stack, Crate, or Low end Randall halfstacks.

They are a marketing scam really. When you pay $500-$700 for one, you're buying the whole "Oooohh I have a halfstack" appeal, not necessarily tone.

For the price you could buy a much better combo. You don't really need more than 60 watts SS or 30 watts tube for what you want it for.
Crate Flexwave 65, Polomino V16
Roland Cube 60
Vox Valvetronix 50
Line 6 Spider II (its an alright practice amp, one of the better suited for metal ones out there)
Peavey JSX Mini Colossal, Classic
Ampeg J12T
Laney LC15
Fender Blues JR, Hot Rod Deluxe
B52 AT112
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Horrid.

Even if your ear isn't mature enough to find the major flaws in that tone, you won't be able to keep that tone when the unreliable piece of crap breaks!

And yes, I am an owner. I have a 2x12 that has is quite messed up.

Luckily I have two tube amps to cover up that blunder.
Quote by crupez5
i got a spider ll 75 watt and i like it

u can git alot of sounds out of it

I got this same amp. I've had it for a year now and I love it. As for the halfstack, I played it at GC and thought it was pretty damn good. I'd buy it. I know a kid who uses it in a band and it sounds great with the mix.
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
No offense, but anything's a step up from a vanilla crate powerblock.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dude I Have The Spider Three Thing And Its Fine This Ppl Are Jus Ayin Like O Now Get Expensive **** I Lvie In A Country Where Guitar Isint Tht Recognized So Thts The Best They Have Aprt From Oother Craps I Used To Have A Samic Which Was Horrible It Didn Have Effects And Ofcourse It Sounded Rllly Crappy
Quote by rock_metal_fan
Dude I Have The Spider Three Thing And Its Fine This Ppl Are Jus Ayin Like O Now Get Expensive **** I Lvie In A Country Where Guitar Isint Tht Recognized So Thts The Best They Have Aprt From Oother Craps I Used To Have A Samic Which Was Horrible It Didn Have Effects And Ofcourse It Sounded Rllly Crappy

hahah nice.

and https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5164505

did we really need another?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight