heyhey
I'm an idiot, and i fried my sound card, dont ask how
I have had to go without 90% of my music collection, because i download a lot, and i'm too poor for an MP3 player.
4 months of no music is 5 months too long.
all i need is a nice cheap one, bellow 50 bucks would be spiffy.
and im computer tech illiterate, so i really need help
... Sound cards are ****ing cheap if you aren't lured in by Creative Labs' bull**** X-Fi cards.

Anything will do, seriously, a sound card is a sound card. They all do 5.1 anyways, and you don't need 24-bit audio seeing as all your songs are most likely Red Label standard.

Anyways, are you sure you destroyed your current card? Maybe it's a software problem.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
soo.. how'd u fry it?
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
haha fine, i'll tell you
i could be wrong about frying it in the first place
but i was recording acoustic riffs onto my comp, and to get my mic on my amp to pick anything up, i need to the volume on 9.
15 watt crate btw
works fine, i get a couple things laid down, then i decide
"hey, lets add a searing 'lectric on top"
so i swap out the mic for the guitar, and leave the volume on 9, and have my distortion pedal hooked up as well, which makes the volume about 40 times louder.
that is a LOT of electricty pumping at once
i hit one bend, and everything goes silent. nothing has worked since.
ooooopppsss

and a danke to you, mr. muphin
OVERLOAD...lol.. i'v overloaded my sound card once doing that but it only sounded all weird for a week or so then it would be back to normal..lol
Quote by musical donkey
did u see smoke comming out of the pc..lol
Quote by musical donkey
I'm a tad weary of doing any more recording.
I'm now just using my ghettoblaster's cassette deck dealio.
it'll be much easier to get a soundcard once i have more than 2 bucks
damn i hate not having a job.
same..
Quote by musical donkey
Yep no job here as well but when I had some cash I spent it wisely on used and refurbished gear from MF which got me a nice recording studio setup in my house:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/moody07747/Musical%20Instruments/My%20Recording%20Studio/Updated%207-23-07/

I'm low on money now but have plans on a nice tube mic preamp at $120 and a Shure SM57 at $100....both priced new but I'll get them at a better price.

Even if you are low on cash the TonePort GX can be a great little unit and at $70 its easy to get even new.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Toneport-GX-USB-Recording-Interface?sku=241406