My friends told me that Leo Fender, didn't actaully play guitar or bass. But since he Designed the Tele, the Strat, The Jag, The Stingray, The P-bass and the J-Bass, and started a few of the biggest guitar companies, I find this a little hard to believe. Is that true?
yeah i think so.

pinkzep, i almost choked on soda when i read ur sig haha
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
he didnt play a string instrument, however i heard that he could play saxophone pretty well
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

from what i remember, Leo Fender didn't have a clue, all the guitars he designed were meant to be cheap, easily repairable instruments not high quality show off instruments like Gibsons

he used alder, ash and maple for his guitars because they were cheap woods in his area and he used the bolt on neck design and the electronics attached to the pickguard because they are easier to remove and replace if they get damaged. so as a luthier he wasn't up to much but as a business man he knew his stuff
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I also heard he was tone deaf.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by shotbythepope
I also heard he was tone deaf.

no, he was supposidly slightly deaf himself hence most of the fenders are very trebbily
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by skater dan0
from what i remember, Leo Fender didn't have a clue, all the guitars he designed were meant to be cheap, easily repairable instruments not high quality show off instruments like Gibsons

he used alder, ash and maple for his guitars because they were cheap woods in his area and he used the bolt on neck design and the electronics attached to the pickguard because they are easier to remove and replace if they get damaged. so as a luthier he wasn't up to much but as a business man he knew his stuff

True dat.

He needs a medal or something.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
The he went on and designed Music Man or something and sold the Stingray design to Ernie Ball?
My best mate FINALLY decided on and got his new bass today, Stingray 5 Limited Edition
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.