I've been listening to Dream Evil lately and I'm completely in love with their tone, so I figured "once I get un-banned, I'll ask the all wise UG" so here I am, specifically their "Evilized" tone, what kind of amp and guitar would I need to achieve it?
the guitarist for them was gus g i believe?

Quintessence: Your background as a guitarist with training and schooling, etc. What sort of equipment do you abuse?

Gus G: I've been playing guitar since 1990. I was 10 years old then. I went to some local music school in Thessaloniki, Greece for about 4 years. When I was 16 I got a scholarship to attend Berklee college, which I did...........but only for 2 weeks!!! I decided to concentrate on building my own band and play heavy metal music. I guess the rest is known, pretty much. My equipment: I use Washburn CP 2003 guitars, Randall and Engl amps and DR strings.
ahh, thanks a lot dude, it was Gus G. but he left to join Firewind, and I knew it was a Randall or something in that league, I was able to get close with a PRS Singlecut, Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Vox ADVT50, but I didnt quite nail it, thanks man.
Quote by LP Addict
the guitarist for them was gus g i believe?

Quintessence: Your background as a guitarist with training and schooling, etc. What sort of equipment do you abuse?

Gus G: I've been playing guitar since 1990. I was 10 years old then. I went to some local music school in Thessaloniki, Greece for about 4 years. When I was 16 I got a scholarship to attend Berklee college, which I did...........but only for 2 weeks!!! I decided to concentrate on building my own band and play heavy metal music. I guess the rest is known, pretty much. My equipment: I use Washburn CP 2003 guitars, Randall and Engl amps and DR strings.

That must be a fairly old interview, as he has been using his ESP Gus G signature guitars for at least a year. He still plays Randalls, I know that for a fact because he's always pictured in their ads.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Gus G uses a Krank Revolution Series 1 Amp, and a ESP Gus G signature guitar made of alder with a set of SD Distortion/'59... Effects, he uses a Morley Bad Horsie II wah, a "Boss SD-1" to bost the solos, a "Providence Anadime Chorus" , a Boss DD-3 and a Boss TU-2