This is my latest recording, it's on the myspace link in my sig, the first song.

Come to think of it, most people don't tend to realize that "Space" means Myspace, so www.myspace.com/seaneckmannmusic .

Tell me what you think, any crit is appreciated, good or bad.

And, hell, if you like it, send me an add.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Its pretty sweet dude. Its not really my style, but I can still appreciate it for what it is and say that you got a good feel for your style. Thanks for the crit on mine
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
thanks for the crit on my piece

while i do love elliott smith's music and see some influences of his music in this, i'm not sure if i would call this his "style." there's nothing wrong with it, but personally i don't think its too too similar.

anyway, onto the actual pieces. i think you should turn up the drums a tiny bit, along with the guitar. the overdubbing of the vocals was muddy, but i think it might be your mic. try EQing it, maybe cut out the lower end or mids. i was never too good at eqing so i can't give you too many tips here. maybe use a splash of reverb on one track and don't on the other at all, so it stands out but doesn't sound distant and muddy.

its hard recording with the synthetic drums, and i think they bring down the end where the drum track is still steadily going but you seem to fade out. it gives the illusion of a quick ending, when it is actually normal. maybe you could try programming your own drums in, as you said in your profile, fruity loops.

besides these issues, mainly the mixing of the tracks, this was a fine demo. if i were you i'd invest in a better mic for guitars and vocals, just so it won't be too muddy

a fine demo though, good job and keep with it
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
i see what you mean about the elliott smith sound... vocals are elliotsmithish x)

but yeah, sounds good to me .. good, clean playing, i think. it flows good .. lyrics are cool .. it's all good.
I like the guitar line, and the drums and bass lay down a great rhythm. I don't know who Elliot Smith is, but it sounds goodl. Are there two vocalists, or did you put an effect on. Oh I guess that answered my question, it sounded like for a second someone forgot the words. Other than the couple of spots where you guys aren't together, the vocals are really good. Weird ending though, I think you might be able to do something better, just my opinion. Good job, keep up the great work!

Crit my song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10152793#post10152793
Quote by TSaxnBassist
I like the guitar line, and the drums and bass lay down a great rhythm. I don't know who Elliot Smith is, but it sounds goodl. Are there two vocalists, or did you put an effect on. Oh I guess that answered my question, it sounded like for a second someone forgot the words. Other than the couple of spots where you guys aren't together, the vocals are really good. Weird ending though, I think you might be able to do something better, just my opinion. Good job, keep up the great work!

Crit my song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10152793#post10152793

Actually, I recorded vocals twice, but threw the little parts where the two were off in because, honestly, I messed up the rhythm, but then wanted people to wonder whether it was one vocalist with some crazy effect, or two guys that sound exactly the same, and kept it. (Guess it worked! )

Edit - And yeah, I'm definitely gonna do a little editing with it, though, because at the part where it's like "and pray (other one says pray) someday the sun will shine" definitely sounds cool, but the other one?...nah.

But I've gotta edit another song of mine, too, so I'm gonna do 'em all at once.

Edit 2: Come to think of it, though, I could actually do that one right now, if I can get one file of just the vocals off of my dad's computer, hopefully I posted it online somewhere.

Edit 3: Ahh, damnit! Audacity's being a bitch for sound editing. Back to the original tracks, tomorrow, I guess.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Last edited by eckmann88 at Aug 5, 2007,