I just bought a $800 Fujitsu lifebook a6025, with windows vista, and for some reason, evreytime I try to play, wow, or cs, it lags horribly, when I exit the game, start it up, play it, it all lags horribly. Isn't something that can run vista suppose to run these games smoothly? I thought vista requires a good graphics chip to run it, can anyone help me please? should I return it? I'm replacing my desktop with this.
return it or get XP pro. seriously vista is the root of all evil on computers.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Processing power is probably being chewed up running Vistas superfluous bull**** in the background. Clunkiest most inefficient OS ever.
It's because of vista. I'm running Vista myself, and I run cs smoothly on 1280X800, maxed up.
But I have a better laptop. The problem would be not in vista itself, but rather in the drivers, which aren't always completely compatible with Vista.
And if you are still going to use Vista, be careful with updates. I've removed all 27 updates this week and the computer stopped crashing and everything was working better. Simply cause the updates made my network card drivers incompatible and I was getting the blue screen
If I was you, I would move back to xp
I'm doing that too, I was using Vista as an experiment anyway, I got my copy for free (a legal one, my dad has a computer company where they get licenses of every windows from microsoft)
So is Vista really all that bad? Just out of curiosity considering I'm contemplating on buying a laptop.
666 BRO
yes kankuro vista is evil. either get XP or a Mac, maybe even linux. all have pros and cons but vista is just evil.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
vista is horribly incompatible with everything.
xp will definitely be a performance boost over vista. get a mac. they're better
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
^ Damn, well XP it is.

EDIT: (sigh) Fine, I'll look into some Macs as well. Damn Apple....
666 BRO
What specs does the computer have? For all we know you could be trying to run it with 128MB of RAM
D:
Signature.
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2130 (1.86 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
%u2022 Genuine Windows Vista%u2122 Home Premium with
Microsoft® Works and
Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 60-Day Trial
%u2022 15.4" Crystal View WXGA display
%u2022 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM memory (512MB x 2)
%u2022 120 GB S-ATA, 5400 rpm hard drive1 with Shock Sensor protection
%u2022 Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer
%u2022 Integrated Fingerprint Sensor (also works as Scroll Button)
%u2022 Multinational2 56K3 V.90 modem and Gigabit Ethernet LAN
%u2022 Integrated Atheros Super AG® Wireless (802.11a/b/g)
%u2022 Five USB 2.0 ports, IEEE 1394, Memory Stick®/SD/xD slot, PC Card slot, ExpressCard%u2122 slot
%u2022 Main battery: Lithium ion (6-cell, 10.8V, 4000 mAh; rated up to 2.25 hours4)
%u2022 Standard spill-resistant keyboard
Quote by Deadmen
I have no graphics card, it's running on shared memory.

that's your problem. to run vista well, it'll suck at least 128mb of your memory, or 256mb if something's really intensive for graphics, leaving you with 768mb ram for programs/apps/whatever. the bare minimum i'd ever use for vista would be 1gb, more likely i'd use 2gb. but then again, i wouldn't use vista to start with
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by Deadmen
so what laptop for gaming would you recomend for $800?

Good luck finding that.

A good laptop can run for around $600. A gaming laptop will go for at least twice that. Why? The industry exploits customers who shop to be able to play the latest and greatest 3D games. Of course you'll need this dual core processor and 512MB graphics card, oh and throw in 4GB of memory just to be safe.

A single-core processor with 512-1024MB of memory and a 128MB independent GPU is a damn good machine by my standards.

To the point: Shared memory It's not good. If you want to play games, get a ****ing desktop system.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Kankuro
So is Vista really all that bad? Just out of curiosity considering I'm contemplating on buying a laptop.

Vista isn't THAT bad. Sure, there are some bugs and stuuf but they'll be fixed with the realease of Service Packs etc, just like with any OS. Some people relentlessly bash Vista because of some small problems without taking into account that it's impossible for Microsoft to test every individual computer in the world and make sure Vista will run on it.

If you aren't a complete retard and have some patience, Vista is actually a good quality OS and it's fairly simple to fix bugs etc. by yourself. By the time Service Packs 1 and 2 have come out, people will have forgotten the glitches and stuff there are now. There was the same kind of problems and bugs when XP came out but once all the negatives had been filtered out, it was a fantastic OS, as I'm sure Vista will become.

Sorry, got carried away a little there.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Some people relentlessly bash Vista because of some small problems without taking into account that it's impossible for Microsoft to test every individual computer in the world and make sure Vista will run on it.

Whereas open-source software bugs are fixed almost instantly, by the community, because the community can test every individual computer in the world and make sure the software will run on it.

Open source > Windows.

Think of the cool name that Windows could have if Microsoft open-sourced the code: Open Windows.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Whereas open-source software bugs are fixed almost instantly, by the community, because the community can test every individual computer in the world and make sure the software will run on it.

Open source > Windows.

Think of the cool name that Windows could have if Microsoft open-sourced the code: Open Windows.

Touche...

And Open Windows does sound pretty awesome.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK