I know that there is some list on the internet of xbox games that are playable on 360 but for some reason that page is not working for me.

So my question is......are The Godfather and Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind backwards compatible?

Thanks
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
why dont you just try?
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Quote by freedoms_stain
i believe you need to download patches for some xbox games to work on the 360

you have to download he emulator for each game

you get them off xbox live
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Morrowind = No
I'd imagine The Godfather is though
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Morrowind is backwards compatible and the Godfather isn't. There is a 360 version of the Godfather you know.
Holy crap! Must've updated it.

*Goes off to play Morrowind*
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
lol...u can play almost any xbox game on a 360. u just need a hard drive and an internet connection--and dont worry about all this "you gotta download the emulator" mess. it automatically does it when u put the game in
Quote by xXBlack_PickXx
why dont you just try?

Cuz I wanna know before I buy the game

ANd yea I know there is a godfather for 360 but I have 30 bucks so I was thinking of getting a used xbox one and that would be in my price range.

And Morrowind is backwards compatible now.....**** I have to go dig it out and play it

Oh and I don't have xbox live...will it still automatically update or do I need this emulator bull****?
-John Lennon
yeah you need the emulator, you can get it from microsoft's website by burning a disc than rippping the disc on the xbox 360 supposedlly (I've never actually tried it though). at ebgames the godfather on 360 costs 35 bucks used, but I'd wait for a price drop.
I've played plenty of X-box games for 360, and I haven't had any trouble at ALL.

I know Morrowind works, I never played the Godfather though.

And I've never even HEARD of these emulators.
Spastic Ink
this is a little unrelated, but if you have the money, buy oblivion and forget morrowind, oblivion is so much better, ive spent 70+ hours on there and im still addicted to it, while i could barely stand to play morrowind
I know I have oblivion but I'm kind of tired of it.

I popped in Morrowind and it was like this original xbox game is not supported blah blah blah

Can someone send me a link to a place where I could find one of these damn emulators?
-John Lennon
Quote by ragt427
yeah you need the emulator, you can get it from microsoft's website by burning a disc than rippping the disc on the xbox 360 supposedlly (I've never actually tried it though).

Where did you hear that? If the game is backwards compatible it will just automatically download the patch when you try and play said Xbox game in a 360.

Oh and FYI, if there is both an Xbox and a 360 version of a game the Xbox version won't be compatible, just for the simple reason that they want you to buy the 360 version.

Quote by Punk Rocker

Can someone send me a link to a place where I could find one of these damn emulators?

See above. It should download for you. It may not have been added to the B.C. list yet.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Jul 30, 2007,
Yea I just got the 360 version of godfather

But morrowind.....I dont have xbox live so I guess thats why my thing isnt automatically updating. So happytimeharry...Ive come to realize you are an infinite fountain of 360 knowledge. Do you know where said emulator can be found?

EDIT: Yea but mine won't automatically update
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Jul 30, 2007,
Well, do you have an Xbox Live account and are you able to connect to Live via your 360?
Last edited by happytimeharry at Jul 30, 2007,
Nope....sucks.

I have no connection at all. I guess I have the silver account or whatever that comes with the 360...but no connection.
-John Lennon
Oh, ok. Sorry just read that you don't have live. Then you actually do have to make a compatibility disk. Here's a step-by-step process.

Xbox Compatability Disk

if you don't want to make your own update disk then you can just get M$ to mail you one.
Thank you man.

EDIT: ****ing website is giving me ****...but I have a feeling that has to do with my computer sucking ( Im in the stone age wiht dial up). Damn aol...
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Jul 30, 2007,
if you have thirty bucks just go buy an eighth and a dime of weed, then even the gayest of games will magically become entertaining.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Well...I no longer have thirty bucks. I have a different problem now.

Can someone please send me a direct link to where the actual download is. Sorry to be a pain in the ass but everytime I click on the link it brings me to a blank page.
-John Lennon
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
if you have thirty bucks just go buy an eighth and a dime of weed, then even the gayest of games will magically become entertaining.

Thank you for contributing to the thread by helping the threadstarter with his problem in a positive manner...

Quote by Punk Rocker
Thank you man.

EDIT: ****ing website is giving me ****...but I have a feeling that has to do with my computer sucking ( Im in the stone age wiht dial up). Damn aol...

I can just copy-paste it here.

First, download the update file located here --> Click

After doing that follow these steps...

Step 1: Place a blank disc in your burner. Select "Open Writable CD Folder Using Windows Explorer" or just open the CD drive icon from Explorer.

If you choose to use third-party CD/DVD writing software then please follow the instructions for that software in creating a data disc with just the update on the disc.

Step 2: Drag default.xex to the CD Folder. If the CD write window doesn't open by default please drag and drop default.xex on the CD/DVD RW drive.

Step 3: Click "Write files to CD" from the CD writing tasks in the Explorer window or select Write these files to CD from the CD/DVD RW drive right mouse click menu.

Step 4: Go through the CD wizard. The first step is to add a label to the CD; the default of the date is fine.

Step 5: The CD wizard will create the CD. Wait until the CD is ejected.

Step 6: Remove the CD from the drive—you have created the CD.

CONSOLE UPDATE STEPS

Step 1: Place the CD in the Xbox 360 console.

Step 2: The update program will start automatically. Select "Continue" to apply the update.

Step 3: Wait for the update to complete.

Step 4: Your system needs to have the operating system software updated. Select "Yes, update now" and press the A button.

Step 5: The console will reboot and you're done. Insert your original Xbox games and enjoy!
Damn....thanks a million man.

I always knew you were a good guy...what with all the doctor cox stuff

Due to my suckish computer it will take forever to download...but it will eventually.

Again, thank you.
-John Lennon
No problemo. Happy I could be of service. Let me know if it works for you. It's a simple enough process.
Well the damn thing finally downloaded. I'll give it a go in the morning.

Thanks again man
-John Lennon