hey guys, i tried to search for this but i t didnt work out too well.

i need help finding a song to try out with for my school band, the band does alot of

classic rock (ex: beatles, zepplin, clapton, marley) stuff in those similar fields

so im asking for some help to find a nice song that will impress the director

need something that can show: good timing, technique and that just kicks ass

thanks in advance
I'd go for The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin, or Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Last edited by sammcl-15 at Jul 29, 2007,
Marley? As in Bob Marley? Classic Rock - Bob Marley?

I say you do some offbeat reggae. Always sounds cool and shows a good vibe and feel of the music.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I don't know about classic rock influnce, but Billy Jean by Michael Jackson is a fun song to play and shows some technique.

You could probably just find tab to classical songs like Fur Elise or learn a simple, but memorable bass line like Godzilla or Frankenstine.
Well it depends on how good you are. If you wanna impress him try playing YYZ by Rush but if thats a bit out of your range try Anastesia(sp?) by Metallica, War Pigs by Black Sabbath, or Black Dog by Led Zeppelin.
Hmm.. how much control do you have on the instrument?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Mr.Pig
Well it depends on how good you are. If you wanna impress him try playing YYZ by Rush but if thats a bit out of your range try Anastesia(sp?) by Metallica, War Pigs by Black Sabbath, or Black Dog by Led Zeppelin.

i can play a bit of YYZ, about 1 min or so of the song

as for metallica too many people play it for him and he usually turns them down(guitarists tho)

im looking into black dog seems good

keep em coming plz :P

and as for control id say i have decent control, been playing for 2 yrs