I've posted this thread before but I didnt get the type of feedback I wanted. Well this spring I will be auditioning for a full paid tuition scholarship to Transylvania University and I was wondering what song I should play. This will be my last year to audition; last year I was going to audition with Air-tap by Erik Mongrain because I thought that was the coolest thing I had seen and I figured it could get me in; well I didnt make it to my audition.

I'm looking for something impressive to play; especially since this is my only chance. I was going to take a risk and i wanted to play something I could really get into and just play- emotionally- instead of technically

I started taking lessons finally so I can learn all scales and stuff but I just need a piece to play

EDIT: also if anyone has auditioned and made it for stuff like this please share
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
this is a bit cliche, but i did canon rock for my music gsce and got an A*, (over 90%) so maybe try that
Quote by cleft11
this is a bit cliche, but i did canon rock for my music gsce and got an A*, (over 90%) so maybe try that

how long have you been playing? how long did it take you to learn Canon? I'm not sure I could do the sweep picking;
lol i missed out the sweeping bit! i did a shortened version, without all the wankery. like the intro, chorus, verse, repeats, chorus key change, chorus and ending.

ive been playing just under a year and a half

and im 15
haha me too

I'm not much into metal but I love those flashy players like Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert
I could do it all except the sweeping and I've been playing almost 2 years but all i do is play guitar haha its my life
lmfao

i hardly play guitar really, only bout an hour a day, sometimes not even that.

tbh, i have better things to do! its nice to unwind though
lose track of time easily
i forced my self to not have better things to do- i either quit hanging out with my friends or got them to play guitar with me haha

i play at least 4 hours a day