So I have a DeArmond M-65 at the moment, 2 humbuckers and a nice warm sound. It is a good guitar, but I already have it for about 5 years now and I guess it would be time to move on to some more agresive tones, so I was looking on the internets and I found the:
Godin Freeway Floyd,
Now this guitar looks ****ing great, but it is a bit expensive (1000$ here in Europa), so I had a look at an american internet shop (www.musiciansbuy.com) for only 540$ (which is very cheap with the current Euro/Dollar Currency).

So a couple of questions:
Do you trust that the guitar will arive complete? I sent them a mail about garantee and shipment pricement and stuff but got nothing back.
Is it really a step up from my DeArmond M-65?

Hmm Craps there is a seperate electric guitar forum
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Last edited by pinguinpanic at Jul 29, 2007,
problem is if you're in europe, you're liable to get hit with customs fees and a large postage fee. and that's if they even ship to europe (a lot won't or aren't allowed to by the manufacturers)...

how much money do you have, and what type of tones are you after? i've only ever tried one godin, it seemed pretty nice, it wasn't the floyd one though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think I'll spent a very max of 700$, but 500$ would be a much better price.
Also I play stuff ranging from rock to metal, but probably metal most. (Don't want an odd looking goth guitar tough)
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
do you need a floyd?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try ebay for buying...just make sure that the seller is ok. Enough though you'll get hit by customs it's still cheaper to buy off ebay.

I'd recommend a schecter or a jackson.