Well yesterday the bad news came. My girl decided to leave me after two and a half years of dating and basically being together every single day. I haven't even slept alone in like months. This is harsh. I've lasted a day so far but thoughts are beginning to come through and I can't seem to stop them. Besides my guitar, what are some good suggestions y'all have from experience?
The times they are a changin'.....
Wow, that's terrible. Just do more fun things, like guitar, music, sports (if you like them), take up photography, go for a drive. Do things that make you feel at ease and take your mind off everything.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Did she tell you what was up? Was it you or her?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Pics or it didn't happen. Jokes. That sucks, just do what IUseAPurplePick said, do stuff to take your mind off it.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by Italy's Finest
Well yesterday the bad news came. My girl decided to leave me after two and a half years of dating and basically being together every single day. I haven't even slept alone in like months. This is harsh. I've lasted a day so far but thoughts are beginning to come through and I can't seem to stop them. Besides my guitar, what are some good suggestions y'all have from experience?

The exact same thing happened to me....
Talk to your friends about it....
and CRY (it helps!)
Ouch dude, you have my sympathy. I've been with my girlfriend for about that long now, don't know what I'd do without her.

Try and find things that help to take your mind off her. So perhaps a new sport or something?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
possibly take this to the relationship thread?
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
ouch man! I feel for you!! *hugs*

first things first... Erase her from your life till you are well over her! other wise you will get hurt!
Get out with friends, walk around the park, get a job (if you havent one) just stuff to take your mind off her!

and goodluck man!
keep yourself busy. My ex utterly crushed me when she ditched me, that was getting close to a year ago, and I still think about her on a daily basis. All I can suggest is keep yourself so busy during the day that you'll feel so tired when you go to bed, you'll drop off instantly. The nights are by far the worst part.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Did you have break-up sex already?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

listen to IUseAPurplePick

i played wolfenstein enemy territory to take my mind off- free download online shooter

hang out with your best friend- like a dude only night or some ****

i went to Panama City haha and got with any girl i wanted- i wouldnt suggest it because i found it emotionally destructive in the long run but its phsyically fun
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Go to a club, get drunk, see what happens.

Thats it.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
whatever dude

just forget about it

also, never pour your heart out(completley) to a girl until your married, that minimizes emotional damage
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Thanks dudes. I've basically just been listening to the blues since it all happened, as well as playing them, and miraculously, they actually cheer me up. I think I would die in this situation without music. As for my buddies, that's the ****ty part. Once fall rolls around, they are out to sep. areas of the country. I, however, was too focused on my girl throughout high school and ****ed up bad so now there's only community college.

On another topic, to all the guys that haven't embarked upon their junior year of high school yet... DO ****ING WELL!

Slacking off might be the **** now but once it's time for college you'll see how much it DOESN'T pay off. When your stuck at home for another year, maybe two more than you should be, it ****ing blows. Trust me. No girlfriend, no money, no job, just a guitar. It works though.
Exact same thing with me, we broke up after 2.5 years...lame as **** but hey it's been like 2 months now and it's not so bad actually...music is amazing to me, but at the same time certain songs just bring back memories, so I have to avoid them. Photography helps, spending time with the guys, fishing, trying new things...it's all part of moving on. And to the aholes who are talking about just starting a new relationship, sleeping around, or getting over it; it ain't that easy beezy! this ****'s tough, and time heals all wounds
Shoooooooooooop da whooooooooooop
I've also come to the conclusion that I must do whatever I can to avoid logging onto myspace. I hate that ****ing site.
It's really a drag how you just want to cancel out like a whole section of your life after a break up. I mean, it's really hard to look on the bright side, but I gotta realize she's gone this time and not coming back. I think with my guitar, I should be fine. Without it, lost.
Post the pictures of her naked on the internet, and any videos will help also. Revenge is sweet my friend.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
That's why long-term relationships in high school are fucking stupid... especially when you're going to different colleges. Even if you stayed together, she'd probably just cheat on you anyways.

Long-distance relationships are stupid (I should know.. I've been in one). Just consider yourself lucky