It doesn't appear to be a good deal to me. I bought a mint used Epi Les Paul Custom a few weeks ago at a pawn shop for $250 and it's not marked 2nd.
Meh... you can buy it from guitar center for the same price AND you get to test it at the store. Not much of a deal if you ask me. Is it a good guitar? Yes. Is it a good deal? NO!
I think it's good. Epi Les Pauls are comprable to Fender MIM (standard) strats in quality and the like. Many people see Epi and automatically hate it, but they are actually very decent guitars, once given the chance.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Good guitar, bad price. If it was brand new then it would be great, but used for $450? You can get a Plain Top new for $399 and a Quilt Top new for $449.

They don't make the Classic anymore btw...
Quote by sizzlefizzle
was just pointing out the error the first time, dont get all butt hurt.

Don't be a dick. They're basically the same guitar, anyhow, so what does it matter? I mean sure, the quilt top looks nicer, but that's a minor feature, really. The maple cap might brighten the tone a little, and maybe the classic might have different pickups, but as we all know, the vast majority of tone is in your amp, so, difference? What difference?
Quote by aleister
Don't be a dick. They're basically the same guitar, anyhow, so what does it matter? I mean sure, the quilt top looks nicer, but that's a minor feature, really. The maple cap might brighten the tone a little, and maybe the classic might have different pickups, but as we all know, the vast majority of tone is in your amp, so, difference? What difference?

but still not the same guitar.
yeah, the guitar has different pickups. i got it about a month ago. yeah its pretty much the price of a new one, it is pretty good. the pickups have a pretty good punch to them unlike other epi pickups.
NOPE
I wouldn't buy it if i were you. I got my epi classic a few months back for the same price, and i got it new, not used. I'm sure any local guitar store either has it or can order it in for you, and you could easily get it off the internet.
Quote by cashewchaching
I think it's good. Epi Les Pauls are comparable to Fender MIM (standard) strats in quality and the like. Many people see Epi and automatically hate it, but they are actually very decent guitars, once given the chance.
Pretty much on the right tracks but I'd argue the better Epi instruments easily out-do the MIM fenders by a long way (providing of course you have the chance to try many out and hand pick the best you can find). A couple have even been as good as lower-mid range Gibsons I've had.

But then, their reputation is somewhat justified, as I've played a couple of Epi's that have been utterly horrible. I'm pretty sure those were exceptions though, just like how some of them have been amazingly good instruments (for the price).

And then of course there's the Epi Elitist series, which frankly are on-par with any Gibson model, just minus the pretty headstock to show off.