i've got a schaller floyd rose trem. it's all set up great, shows no wear at the pivot points, and isn't catching on anything, but when i dump the whammy, it doesn't come fully back up to pitch. it comes back down to pitch when stretching just fine. the only thing i can think of is that the springs might be worn out and need replacing....does this happen? the guitar is 18 years old so the springs have gotten quite a bit of action, but like i said, it's a schaller FR so it's a good one, and theres no wear or catching of any kind. thanks for any help you can shoot my way.
You can tighten the springs.
And yes they do wear out, they get stretched out. Just buy some more, there cheap.
like said, they do.

add or swap out the springs. i wouldnt just tighten the screws, as that might be too much stress on them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well tightening them wouldn't change the rate, it would just change where the trem floats, right? thanks for the help, i'll pick up some new springs and see what happens.
Quote by mjs3350
well tightening them wouldn't change the rate, it would just change where the trem floats, right? thanks for the help, i'll pick up some new springs and see what happens.

well tightening the screws, pulls the bridge tight against the body.

similar to what the springs do, just to a lesser extent.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011