I need help doing harmonic pinches. I can basically do them, but they sound very soft and wimpy. I want them to sound loud and righteous like Zakk Wylde. Help me rise from the depths of mediocre pinch harmonics please!
kill 'em a lot
have you tried more gain?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Yeah, more gain? Hotter pickups? Maybe your technique isnt perfected yet? Any of these things could be the problem..what set up do you have now?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Try different ways of holding the plectrum, and different points along the string. I find just above the neck pickup is the best spot, may be different for you.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i have a telecaster with fender premiums, and a behringer 400W cab with a marshall head and i have a digitech death metal petal so it's not that i dont have enough gain. It is probably my technique.
kill 'em a lot
How's the action on your guitar? If it's too close, or far up, it's hard to get them loud.
2001 Squire Stagemaster HSS
2007 Ibanez RG2EX2 HH White...
Put your amp volume (not master), gain (if you have that as a knob) up. Then practice like that. Perfect it, then turn it down slightly each day. Try a pedal if you have one.
Try and boost the high end, turn up treble and leave your wah on toe down.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Play everything else quieter.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
Play everything else quieter.

^^^

lol.

Seriously, try different points on the neck, I just got my pinch harmonic skills down, and on my SG, I find the best spot is somewhere between the two pickups, while on my freeway, it's almost on top of the neck humbucker...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
No really, it works well. Playing more quietly means that legato, pinches, etc. come out more equal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!