I searched. Somehow, there wasn't a thread already. Please do correct me if I'm horribly wrong on that.

The new record drops in a little over a week, officially. You can already hear plenty of it at www.theearthsingsmifami.com, though. I'm abstaining from listening at all until a full leak surfaces. So do feel free (and by 'free' I mean profoundly fucking compelled) to let me know if said leak does find its way into ...existence.

Get psyched, ye of awesome taste!
ρ
Last edited by scousertommy at Mar 18, 2008,
they played like five new songs when i saw them a few weeks ago. sounds pretty dang good. a few more electronics i think. it shouldnt dissappoint. but dont expect anything groundbreaking
im joining a band thats really big into them and they are really growing on me. I think they are pretty different from the norm and i like em

i really like the songs
dead men tell no tales,
this armistice, and
flee the factory

we're doing a cover of dead men tell no tales and its gonna be sweet =D
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
I loved the first album (way to lazy to type title).....hopefully ill like this too
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
I thought the first album was pretty solid, never really gave it a full listen, but good nonetheless.

The new album however, sounds awesome. Can't wait.
I saw them live. Really solid opening band, and they manage to make good use of their three guitarists (I personally enjoy the one who kinda oscillates at the back of a stage and wears beanie hats).
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
am i the only one who thinks their new album is just "meh"? i like their old stuff better. it seems they tried way to hard for a new/different sound. i def wont buy it, instead i will probably just download the new cd.
Last edited by blinksum4182 at Aug 3, 2007,
I love the plotting a jailbreak song or whatever it's called, havent heard it in like a year though.

the evidence is good too. i think it'll be a solid album
i think the new album is amazzzzinnnngggg, it is like 20 times better than the old one
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Anybody notice how Anthony Green sings the second "on you like a rash" at 1:50 in Smoke and mirrors?
atleast it sounds like that to me!

Great album by the way, I cant say which album is best but I LOVE 'em Both.
This is my favorite band. The only song I haven't liked from them is Weight/Wait. Oh and Anthony Green is NOT in Smoke and Mirrors, that's alex.
I like them alot

"Dead Men Tell No Tales" is quality, too bad they broke up...
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
the songs i heard were all from BTHATS, and they were all good, some great lyrical depth, some good guitar parts, some good melodies. not exceptional but better than a hell of a lot of their peers.
****, another band down. they were great too.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
amazing freaking band. BTHATS is a genius record. Casey in the Dear Hunter is epic also
+I've Been Wandering Around
Making Up Movies In My Head+
Quote by fake_sk8r182
I was quite happy to hear they were done to be honest. They never did anything for me, live, or on the record. Congrats on the guy having a kid though - as little as I liked the band, kudos on them/the guy actually having a legit. reason to give it up.

Here, what the fuck? Why would you be glad they broke up just because you lacked the ability to appreciate how good they were? How did the band's existence inconvenience you?
They piss all over Bright Eyes anyway, bub. Always will. From a great height.
ρ
Quote by scousertommy
Why would you be glad they broke up

Because I didn't like the band.

Quote by scousertommy
They piss all over Bright Eyes anyway, bub. Always will. From a great height

Oh man...this is a contradiction if ever I saw one.

I could pretty much just repeat your previous post right back at you, but that would make me a tool. Music and what each individual finds appealing about music is completely subjective. There was nothing that appealed to me about TREOS, whereas there are a lot of things about that appeal to me about Bright Eyes. You obviously don't like Bright Eyes for one reason or another, but that doesn't necessarily mean TREOS 'piss all over them'. I'm sure if you asked the majority of this forum they'd disagree with you.

Grow up...failing that, jump in the Mersey.
Quote by fake_sk8r182
I was quite happy to hear they were done to be honest. They never did anything for me, live, or on the record.

I don't understand why you would be happy that a band broke up.

R.I.P TREOS.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by eltravo
****, another band down. they were great too.
but the fluid and everchanging nature of life dictates that somewhere, some fantastic bands are just starting out who you won't discvoer for a while yet. be excited about them instead.
Quote by the_astronaut
I don't understand why you would be happy that a band broke up.

I think it's just a misinterpretation of what I said/poor wording on my part. I see them breaking up as no great loss, and I was praising the fact that the guy who pulled out had his priorities straight unlike a lot of the people 'in the biz' these days.

I saw them live and they were the most boring band of the night...and they were supporting Funeral For a Friend. I borrowed a copy of one of their CDs off Dean and it did nothing for me. Never bothered with them since.