hello, i am currently looking for a fender stratocaster but i have a road block. There are these two stratocasters that look exactly alike but one costs like $1200 more than the other.
Here are two links that have to do with the two guitars. please tell what the difference between them are.

the two guitars are:
Fender Standard HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar
Fender VG Stratocaster Electric Guitar

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_vg_stratocaster?full_sku=104225065
that is the expensive one

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_hss_stratocaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=103576823
this is the cheaper one

thank you for your help
with the vg you can change the tuning by turning a knob. but thats the only diff i know
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
The main difference is the fact the the VG Strat is American Made with better parts.. While the cheaper one is made is mexico. The VG strat also has roland synthesizer electronics in it making it even more expensive. Those are the two main differences.
wrong forum section, but the VG strat has a digital pickup behind the normal bridge pickup that allows you to do things like drop D open E or G i think, and humbucker tele and normal strat tones just by turning a knob, which comes in handy, but it's not worth 1,200 in my opinion, for that you could just get a humbucker guitar and actually *gasp* tune it normally, hahaha, the cheaper one is the more practical way to go
The VG strat has a shitload of onboard effects. It has a knob that changes your tuning !
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
the VG model has a built in synthesizer by roland
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
alot of it has to do with probably the electronics and where they are made.

mexican strats for example cost less than american strats
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
the first is american made the second is mexican made
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on