Page 1 of 2
Stupid 3rd wave kids who just got into ska last week.

Similar experiences anyone?
Explain this "Moonstomp" you speak of. (I don't know a thing about Ska, so don't hurt me for my ignorance )
"I want all you skinheads to get up on your feet
Put your braces together and your boots on your feet
And give me some of that old moonstomping

Are you ready? Start stomping!"

It's like, the same rythm as skanking but you always have one foot on the ground and you stomp.

Works best with slow reggae rythms.
Nothi gets me goin like a big ska show with a lot of skins there all havin a good time and stompin til the floor shakes. You don't see alot of the younger kids doin it though. Mainly us old farts.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
I've had similar experiences. Its only ever me and a few of my friends even attempting a stomp and getting weird looks as we do.

We even used to get people bloody hardcore dancing at ska shows round here.
yeah all the ska kids around me too are 3rd wave and around 15 years of age.... nobody knows what moonstomping is so i just skank hard on them and make them feel the ska.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by Holy Magenta
Who DOESN'T moonstomp?

RBF fans.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Moonstomping's fun. I tried to show some metalheads how to moonstomp and skank one year.

It didn't go down well.
Quote by sargasm
"I want all you skinheads to get up on your feet
Put your braces together and your boots on your feet
And give me some of that old moonstomping

Are you ready? Start stomping!"

It's like, the same rythm as skanking but you always have one foot on the ground and you stomp.

Works best with slow reggae rythms.

Judge Dread

Love it.

Oh, and yeah, people who don't moonstomp are 3rd wave pussies.
Quote by filthandfury
Judge Dread

Love it.

Oh, and yeah, people who don't moonstomp are 3rd wave pussies.

Symarip

Moonstomping's fun. I tried to show some metalheads how to moonstomp and skank one year.

It didn't go down well

Everyone here always has such negative opinions of metalheads. The majority of "metalheads" I know skank at ska shows, and listen to at least some punk. Alot of them seem to have quite punk ideals too. I've met more racist punks than I have metalheads, not to mention the metal community never seemed like a social club, where who you knew got you in, to me. That is something I've noticed alot in punk.

Yeah, in the past metalheads were famed for their stupidity and violence, especially **** rock metal fans, but then so were skins and a hell lot of punk kids.

Maybe your cities/towns are just different to mine. Some people are arseholes, no matter what they listen to.
I'm not questioning the character of metalheads. I just said they didn't like the ska.
I always wondered what a moonstomper was ever since I heard it in Roots Radicals by Rancid... Sorry to say, but it sounds stupid looking.

The only thing to do at shows is mosh... Skankings fun but everyone looks at you weird.
Hardcore dancing is just gay.
Moshing is the only way to go...
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
I usually only skank when the skanking's good. You can't skank when everyone's all clustered together as tends to happen at larger shows, so I moonstomp to the more rocksteady jams in that case.

Moshing is all well and good, but moshing to ska is a no-no.
Me and my friends mosh to ska all the time. If there isn't enough room for skanking, we mosh. It gets everyone out of your way so you have room to skank.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Am I the only one who is getting REALLY sick of 3rd wave music alltogether? The only bands I can handle are AAA and ASOB. Other than that, I get really bored listening to third wave.
Quote by llanafreak44
Am I the only one who is getting REALLY sick of 3rd wave music alltogether? The only bands I can handle are AAA and ASOB. Other than that, I get really bored listening to third wave.

You are so right.
Quote by llanafreak44

I like The Toasters, but i don´t know much by Madness, but what I know is simply bad...

....So lavazza dislikes Madness^^
Quote by lavazza
I like The Toasters, but i don´t know much by Madness, but what I know is simply bad...

....So lavazza dislikes Madness^^

Are you saying Madness are 3rd wave?
Sargasm, I bet you 10 bucks that everybody looks at you funny even when you're not moonstomping.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by llanafreak44
There's a few 3rd wave bands that I can tolerate, but for the most part, can't stand 'em. Mostly the vocals. I saw Big D live, and liked them. Aggrolites kick major ass. But other than those two, haven't heard anything I like.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Sargasm, I bet you 10 bucks that everybody looks at you funny even when you're not moonstomping.

...mabye
I've never heard of moon stomping, I'll try it next time I go to a ska show.The problem I have is that Michigan has horrible crowds and usually no one does anything, . I'm fat and not athletic but I can hold out longer than most of the people there. The only ska show I've ever had fun at was a local show with a touring band and an indie band because every one was dancing and one band did a cool Toaster's cover.
Quote by dethskar0
Me and my friends mosh to ska all the time. If there isn't enough room for skanking, we mosh. It gets everyone out of your way so you have room to skank.

youre easily the most ignorant bastard to post on this thread. you mosh to ska all the time? oooh, you must be the 15yr old kids we dislike so.
See ya in the pit!

Quote by -MintSauce-
Sell the guitar.. you don't deserve to have it.

Quote by Schmidt1989
haha thats the most assholeish remark ive ever read on UG, haha.

Oi! f uck with yer boots on!
Quote by jbwpunk

youre easily the most ignorant bastard to post on this thread. you mosh to ska all the time? oooh, you must be the 15yr old kids we dislike so.

I'm a 14 yr old kid. Do you guys dislike me???
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I'm a 14 yr old kid. Do you guys dislike me???

....Your 14? If so, what are the chances that there's two 14 year old UG Punx from NH...
brnh.bandcamp.com
i thought 3rd wave knid of died w/ the turn of the century, wasnt 3rd wave like might might bosstones, no doubt, rancid era? that **** is deader then dead.
Everyone should simmer down now about playing the age game. Do you know how many sick 13 year olds who like decent punk have posted in UG in the past? Who cares how old anyone is.

In other news, of course someone will look at you funny if they don't know what it is. Like most dancing at shows, it looks really stupid, but once you loosen up and doing it, it's ridiculously fun.

That being said, I'd rather dance like an idiot than just stand with arms crossed in the way back of the crowd
Quote by bucky_2300

good find

ive heard of moonstompin but never actual try'd it. i guess i will at the aquabats comin up later this month
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by BostonLacrosse
good find

ive heard of moonstompin but never actual try'd it. i guess i will at the aquabats comin up later this month

Assuming your actually from Boston, I think I'm going to that same show.
brnh.bandcamp.com
very nice, with mc lars if im not mistaken
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by waterproofpie
Everyone should simmer down now about playing the age game. Do you know how many sick 13 year olds who like decent punk have posted in UG in the past? Who cares how old anyone is.

In other news, of course someone will look at you funny if they don't know what it is. Like most dancing at shows, it looks really stupid, but once you loosen up and doing it, it's ridiculously fun.

That being said, I'd rather dance like an idiot than just stand with arms crossed in the way back of the crowd

A good point. It also helps that you used to be one of them, back in the day.

I can recall one show that I was at with Jordan - Kay's birthday show - and there was definitely a lot of weird dancing going on, right up at the front. Kind of like the Twist, as I recall. Of course, many strange looks were obtained from scenesters with perfectly tousled hair, but it was lots of fun. Dancing at shows isn't about not caring if you look stupid (for me, anyway), it's about having fun. I have a lot more fun if I dance, and enjoy the music more too.

EDIT: ^ I love Wacken. I'd love to go sometime, just for the experience. The grassroots anti-crowd surfing technique is hilarious too.
no
Last edited by bucky_2300 at Aug 28, 2007,
Page 1 of 2