I know, there two totally different things, but I didn't want to make two threads. So first I'm looking to get a new amp (tube) around 800 dollars, but I wouldn't mind buying something used. I play anything from melodic deathcore- classic rock- blues and jazz and have a Jackson with EMG-HZ pups. I'm looking to upgrade from my fender 65R SS and would like to be able to play it low enough to not annoy the neighbors and my mom to much, but also be able to play decent sized gigs with it.

My second question is that my guitar has a liscence jackson floyd rose and I was wondering what the difference between this and a OFR.
about the floyd, its just made out of cheeper metal as far as i know. as for your amp, are you looking for a halfstack or combo?
Quote by 7angels7plauges
as for your amp, are you looking for a halfstack or combo?

It really doesn't matter as long as it gets the job done and has some killer versatile tone.
Id go for a used 5150 combo. It wont have the best cleans though, but there amazing amps for anything that requires distortion and have passible cleans.

About the Floyd, lisensed means its designed by floyd rose, but it is made by the guitar company, generally there cheaper parts and not that good. OFR are made by floyd rose and are made of better materials.

EDIT:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-EVH-5150-All-Tube-Head-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ270150002682QQihZ017QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check that, if its for real that seems to be a very nice deal.
Last edited by gsr2k6 at Jul 30, 2007,
Quote by gsr2k6
Id go for a used 5150 combo. It wont have the best cleans though, but there amazing amps for anything that requires distortion and have passible cleans.

About the Floyd, lisensed means its designed by floyd rose, but it is made by the guitar company, generally there cheaper parts and not that good. OFR are made by floyd rose and are made of better materials.

ah, thank you i was half right. yea, i wasnt crazy about thier bass stuff either howeber ive owned that cab for over a year and use it with a 5150 head every now and then. they were made for eachother. if you arnt impressed, look for something with ventage greenbacks
Ok, I'll look into that head and what about cabs. Like I said, I'm not so sure about Behringer. Can someone also please reccomend some combos to.
6505+ combo or a

Valveking 212 Combo or

B-52 Combo (forgot model)

and you're set.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AVATAR-CABINET-G12T75-VINTAGE-CELESTION-2x12-212-CAB_W0QQitemZ230156566525QQihZ013QQcategoryZ121161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Theres a nice cab for under 300 shipped, avatar cabs are pretty good quality. As far as combos go you could look into the b52 at series, there decent amps for the price. I have one and I love it, it has more gain than one needs and a clean channel with great headroom that breaks up nicely. I would take the 5150 over the b52 if your more into metal, but the b52 is a good amp if your tight on money and perhaps wants better cleans. If you dont mind having to use a overdrive pedal to get more distortion you could look into traynor and laney amps of various models, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075
is a very nice amp with great tone and a bit of gain, but for more metal stuff you may need a overdrive.
I have a boss gt-8 so effects aren't my problem. The only thing is that I'm losing my passion for death metal and aquiring more of a taste for things like classic rock and blues, but I still enjoy playing it quie often.