Poll: What Brand Do You Like More?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Brand Do You Like More?
Schecter
17 33%
Esp
28 55%
Neither (for people who dislike both alot)
6 12%
Voters: 51.
ESP. i just mainly like the overall look of theyre axes more than schecter, but i rekon schecter play better, depends both similar...
Lets all be nice
Personally, I prefer ESPs, but Schecter is my second favorite. Schecter is a little bit easier to find than ESPs, though, at least around my area.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
above post +1

Never played one, but there doesn't seem to be enough variety with the shapes. I'm not just talking about metal guitar either. ESP do a Strat, a LP, an SG as well as there crazy good metal guitars.
mid range, i'd go with schecter. they're much better value for money than most of the LTD models - but £1000+ i'd be looking at ESP standards.
When it comes to a metal kind of guitar then I prefer Jackson.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by Luke200420
When it comes to a metal kind of guitar then I prefer Jackson.

I think they are more overpriced than Schecter end even ESP. ESP has become an overrated brand after their giant success with the latest Ecplise models (I do not know why, except they look fantastic). ESP's doesn't really sound THAT good compared to other brands like Gibson or PRS.

If Schecter made some sweet high-end guitars they would OWN the metalscene tomorrow.

Btw. I voted ESP, but I ment to vote neither.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
If you want a Les Paul shaped guitar with a gibson tone, and looking at the ESP eclipse, you're looking at the wrong guitars imo.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Schecter have excellent mid range guitars. The c-1 Hellraiser FR has an original Floyd rose and EMG 18 / 85 and is ridiculesly cheep for its specs. Same guitar coming from ESP would most likely cost twice as much.

In all fairness though i say they would come out even. At this time i would probably buy a schecter if i were buying a new guitar but ESP rock all the way as well.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I know many people disagree with me on this but I hate every schecter I ever played. Ive tried hard to like the hellraiser. ( I really wanted to buy one but they just sound so crappy) I have an ec-1000 and just ordered an mh-1000. I think ESP/LTD are constructed much better and with a lot more quality.
I like ESP more than Schecter, but I like Schecter more than LTD.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I don't see how you could compare them- all the good ESP guitars are at least twice the price. Since you're not asking specifically as in with intent to buy...

reported, don't post.

You guys are gonna get competitive and it's gonna turn into a flame war.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!