i knnow most bass players naturally get sweep picking going dow (finger picking at least) or at least i did. the hard part is going up the strings that fast cause you actually have to pick each string.

has anyone found any ways besides sure brilliant speed to get this kinda of spped goign up the strings

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I'm assuming you mean going from G to E? For me that's the easiest way, I just use my index finger and..sweep!

However, if you mean going from E to G (Musically higher as opposed to geometrically higher), then whenever I need to sweep there I either push my thumb and index together and use my fingernail like a pick, or I use my thumb.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
^ undeadpaperclip, not only has a cool name here, but he knows wat hes talking about. Listen to him!
Yeah, use your thumb and it's just like inverted raking.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I also use UndeadPaperclip's thumb and index pic forming method for E->G sweeps (and for chords).

You can also use index and middle together in a raking motion, you're index will support the middle, it's a little bit harsh on the side of your finger though.