Hey everybody, I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I'm not in this band, but my friend is the lead guitarist. now I know that this is a "self promotion section," but none of them frequent this site. I recently saw them at a local battle of the bands (they won) and they just blew me away. Here is the link, most of the stuff on there is old, they have a lot of great songs that aren't on there. and if anybody made the connection, the name is a reference to Final Fantasy 7.

http://www.myspace.com/redx333
Its not a subtle reference to FF7 really is it.
Anyone whos played it will have made the connection.
Not bad music though.
Just wondering why they chosethat name because at first listen the music doesnt seem to relate to their name.
^^^

I thought this was an ff7 thread when I saw it from the front page actually. lol.

but I really like the music actually.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by mattyadams
Its not a subtle reference to FF7 really is it.
Anyone whos played it will have made the connection.
Not bad music though.
Just wondering why they chosethat name because at first listen the music doesnt seem to relate to their name.

Well it's kind of just a name they picked because they needed a name really. The music isn't supposed to relate. I don't really know why they didn't pick a better name though.
Last edited by luuuuke at Jul 30, 2007,
Make it an FF7 thread, ive seen many a thread thats strayed away from the original topic.
Yeah I just think the band name should incorporate what the band is about. My opinion though and I know how hard it is getting a name you all like in as band.
I think red 13 is an awesome metal band name.

I wish I could find some musicians to form a metal/hard rock band like that, but everyone I know wants to play either punk or pop... although my bassist/friend is practicing classical stuff (so am I) we're both learning Bach's cello suites right now...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Im working on a solo project called Heavens Cloud which has an FF7 concept.
Dont have anyone to turn it into an actual band though.
That sounds really interesting. I'd love to hear some of it if you ever get it recorded and uploaded anywhere.
Sins has a pretty cool riff in it. I like the vocals, they're sweet. They're good lyrics too. This is really good, I like it. I'm sure you've heard this already, but Leatherface sounds a lot like Smoke on the Water. Imprisoned is really tight. I like the melodies. Again I love the vocals. The bass and vocal unison was cool. Tell them to keep up the great work!

Crit my song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10152793#post10152793