anyone else heard and know of this great band!

If any of you remember the band The Test Icicles, remember Dev from that band?

well, Lightspeed Champion is Dev's new band (solo band, just him) that he started after TI spilt up!

his genre is a big mix of folk, acoustic, and pop.
But i call it orchestral pop

anyway, check out his new songs and stuff!

his new band isnt well known at the moment, but will be huge!!

check it out here - www.myspace.com/lightspeedchampion

or go to www.lightspeedchampion.com

discuss...
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
Last edited by Nightwatchman10 at Jul 30, 2007,
lol, i can see this thread is bustling with discussion, I am not much a fan of this type of music, but I like Test Iicicles so i gave him a listen, and yeah its good stuff. Wheres this Hip Hop that he cities as an influence?
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
*Bump thread in time for the album release next week*

I already downloaded the album, definitely going to buy it though. It's practically perfect, I love every song. Dev is quickly becoming one of my favourite musicians.

Everyone should check Lightspeed Champion out!
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I saw him in Denmark Street, London when I went to get an amp. He was playing around with some guitars but when I asked the guy in the shop if I could try out an amp he said I couldn't.

I stared at him for 2 whole seconds, chucked my cigarette on the floor and walked off.

I was actually buying which made it worse...
actually pretty good. i'm listening to the album for the first time.
a nice take on the folk-pop genre.
Dev is a genius! Midnight Surprise is one of my favourite songs ever! EPIC.
Quote by s7706
Dev is a genius! Midnight Surprise is one of my favourite songs ever! EPIC.

Exactly, its so good! Lyric wise it seems really simple but the more you listen to it, the more the lyrics mean something.. to me anyway.lol

Dry Lips is my favourite track off the album! I just cant help but love the awesome ending!
Fantastic band. Test Icicles were average so it's better this way. Devil Tricks for a Bitch is my favorite song. Wonderful violins.
Dry Lips is great cos of the build up and structure of the song and Devils trick for a bitch has great lyrics.
i agree with s7706.

dev has talent, and he is a genuine bloke aswell. what you see is what you get.

does anyone know if he's doing anymore gigs, on his myspace there is only 1
Anyone seen Lightspeed live? I saw him in Manchester, unbelievable, they did a medley of Star Wars stuff which led into Midnight Surprise which contained some crazy improv. By the way i dont know about any gigs coming up but I recommend seeing him live.
I saw Test Icicles live and thought they were pretty good, but I don't really like Lightspeed Champion.
Never heard any Test Icicles to be honest. I know they are supposed to be very different from Lightspeed Champion's sound.
Quote by ZZE
i agree with s7706.

dev has talent, and he is a genuine bloke aswell. what you see is what you get.

does anyone know if he's doing anymore gigs, on his myspace there is only 1

Dev said he's not doing anymore gigs until the new album's done.

Quote by s7706
Never heard any Test Icicles to be honest. I know they are supposed to be very different from Lightspeed Champion's sound.

Yeah, theyre about as opposite as you can get. lol
Quote by Nightwatchman10
Dev said he's not doing anymore gigs until the new album's done.

Know when that might be coming out by any chance?

I saw him way back in february and I must say it was a damn good show.
I don't know when the next album is coming out but his new stuff sounds awesome and more rock sounding. Then again you dont know what to expect from Dev as he has so many different ideas. Anyone heard Bonnes Affaires on his myspace?
I say them at Splendour In The Grass and before that i hadn't heard of them. After seeing them I went out and bought their album straight away.