Page 1 of 2
I know this should probably belong in the Relationship thread, but i figured i would get more on-topic answers here. (Big mistake right? -.-')

Anyway, i am in a relationship with one of the most lovely girls you can imagine. I seriously love her more than life. We can talk like normal people (and not so normal people), we can talk about more serious things (Physics, math,... [That's my area ]) and there isn't really anything that i dislike about her. Well ok, maybe her taste in music differs a bit from mine (She = Audioslave,... & Me = Thrash/heavy Metal) but I don't actually mind that anyway.

Well, now the situation is i'm 18 years old, and she's 15. So basically we have a 3 year-difference between us. I don't mind this because as i said before, this doesn't disturb our mental-relationship (as in Topics & so) in any way. But other people i know usually go like "Wow, a 3 year difference? Isn't she a little too young for you?". But i really don't feel this way, and i actually don't mind people saying this and all.

Now my question to you fellow people is : "Do some of you have to co-op with this situation or not?"

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by ItWillDo
I know this should probably belong in the Relationship thread, but i figured i would get more on-topic answers here. (Big mistake right? -.-')

Anyway, i am in a relationship with one of the most lovely girls you can imagine. I seriously love her more than life. We can talk like normal people (and not so normal people), we can talk about more serious things (Physics, math,... [That's my area ]) and there isn't really anything that i dislike about her. Well ok, maybe her taste in music differs a bit from mine (She = Audioslave,... & Me = Thrash/heavy Metal) but I don't actually mind that anyway.

Well, now the situation is i'm 18 years old, and she's 15. So basically we have a 3 year-difference between us. I don't mind this because as i said before, this doesn't disturb our mental-relationship (as in Topics & so) in any way. But other people i know usually go like "Wow, a 3 year difference? Isn't she a little too young for you?". But i really don't feel this way, and i actually don't mind people saying this and all.

Now my question to you fellow people is : "Do some of you have to co-op with this situation or not?"

my mate is 19 an hes going out with a girl who's 16.

the only people who have a problem with it are those who haven't met them.

but think of it this way is it weird for a 26 year old to go out with a 23 year old.

the only problem you might have is if she is underaged (I don't know the age of consent in belgium).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
it's totally fine, just DON'T expect maturety from her when the spit hits the fan....
she IS young so just don't get your hopes too high up okay?

Peace and GL....
most people, like thedude051 seem to think that relasionships are all about the sex.

people will probobally only have a problem with it if they think you are performing acts of underage sex with her, simple as.
Quote by Våd Hamster
it's totally fine, just DON'T expect maturety from her when the spit hits the fan....
she IS young so just don't get your hopes to high okay?

Peace and GL....

Yes i know, but it's not like i'm in this relationship to satisfy my physical needs and stuff, i just really love you know.

And She's 15, and turns 16 in December 10th, so than she'll be legal age in Belgium.

My Youtube Page

Quote by Guitarist132
Seriously no more than 2 years difference please

how old are your mum and dad?

chances are theres more than a 2 year age gap.

grow up.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
when i was 16 i was going out with a 22 year old.. and it was fine.

although she was my super in work and we ended up getting fired for havin sex on the prep counter in subway...
Quote by Slinov
most people, like thedude051 seem to think that relasionships are all about the sex.

people will probobally only have a problem with it if they think you are performing acts of underage sex with her, simple as.

Nah, I just think its lame he can't find someone his own age. I have no problem with it if there is an age difference when you are older. But in your teens...c'mon man...
Be cool.
Quote by ItWillDo
Yes i know, but it's not like i'm in this relationship to satisfy my physical needs and stuff, i just really love you know.

And She's 15, and turns 16 in December 10th, so than she'll be legal age in Belgium.

Thats fine, but she still have a lot to learn at that age....
Especially about emotions....
Just be careful how much trust you put in her (i really hate to say that)
i'm sure she's a great person if you love her so much, but.....
just be careful mate....
there used to be a system. older women went for younger men. it was a good system, why'd people have to go screw it up :p

but anyways, in seriousness there is a lot of difference in emotional development between an 18 year old and 15 year old. The 18 year olds motives and expectations from the relationship would be alot different to the 15 year old, who in truth, may be trying to seem "grown up". I'd say this should be a no go. Go out with someone of your own age, its alot more comfortable i would say from my experience.
I don't see a problem with it, other than it may be against the law.

I wouldn't count on this one being THE ONE. You are both too young.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
you think its lame? why? He obviously likes the girl more than anyone his own age... would you seriously go out with someone you didnt like that much just because they were more your age than someone who you liked more(younger or older) ? if so... thats pretty dumb
Imagine a graph where x = age and y = maturity level. Between say 13-18 (I'm just pulling these numbers out at random, but you get the point) the slope of the line is something like 5/1, where as around 25 it goes to 1/5. Get the idea?
Quote by ajaxender12
you think its lame? why? He obviously likes the girl more than anyone his own age... would you seriously go out with someone you didnt like that much just because they were more your age than someone who you liked more(younger or older) ? if so... thats pretty dumb

Its a teenage relationship bro. Kids think they love each other after the first week. So how do you expect me to take an age difference in a teenage relationship seriously? If so..thats pretty dumb.
Be cool.
my parents have a 10 year diference and their fine
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
Quote by Kakatara

well, as age increases the differences are alot less, so I guess its not so bigger deal for them
Personal opinion: Younger girls (at least those of age 16 or less) going out with older guys are normally blindly in love and will tell you later that they wouldn't do the same again. At least that's what I've been told by most girls. So they might say they want it, but it won't be for their best, I think. Of course there are exceptions, and I'm quite sure the 15 year old girls over there are different from those here (who wear the smallest miniskirts and show off as much clevage as possible, some even at winter, then spend 50% of their time complaining about how guys look at their ass and tits. Well not quite, but you get the point - they're anything but intellectual, most of them stay that way).

But if you love her, that's all right, if you mean it. At the very least I hope you're being honest with her all the time, and not telling her flattering lies just to hold on to her.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Kakatara

But they are both mature adults. I see nothing wrong with that. I just see a problem when you are in your teens, Hell, 1 year can sometimes be a big difference in maturity levels with teenagers sometimes...let alone 3 years.
Be cool.
Quote by Def
there used to be a system. older women went for younger men. it was a good system, why'd people have to go screw it up :p

but anyways, in seriousness there is a lot of difference in emotional development between an 18 year old and 15 year old. The 18 year olds motives and expectations from the relationship would be alot different to the 15 year old, who in truth, may be trying to seem "grown up". I'd say this should be a no go. Go out with someone of your own age, its alot more comfortable i would say from my experience.

Well this is the tricky part.

I myself require a lot of emotional attention. This means, i need to talk to her a lot, i like to cuddle and such, ... And i've been in many relationships with people my age...

But noone of them we're able to please me in an emotional way as this one can. She might be younger, but she seems much more grown up and emotionally understanding than my other "physically older" girlfriends.

My Youtube Page

your age / 2 + 7 = the minimum age

ex.
26 / 2 + 7 = 20
22 / 2 + 7 = 18
or 18 / 2 + 7 = 16
My Gear:
Cort X-9 w/ Super Distortion+Air Norton, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat
Line 6 Pod 2.0, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Peavy Rage 158
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1 Wah
I don't see a problem, but i know people will, because my sisters got a friend whos in the same situation. Its like, Grade nine dating a grade 12. Ehh, sounds taboo lol. But Yeah man, I agree to what that guy said, her maturity will change, and she might not what a real relationship is, because shes 15. But if you guys make each other happy and continue to do so, then hey, go for it man.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
theres nothing wrong with it, as long as you aren't like raping her or beating her, one of my friends is going out with a guy who's like....20 or 21, maybe 19 (i really don't know lol) and she's 16, and they've been going out for a year and a half i think
the only thing that kinda sucks is you never see older girls going for younger guys, in that age "group" anyways
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
dude, im 16 and i went to some camp here in romania and there was a chick monitor who was supposed to look after us. she is 25. yeah we got together i really like her and she really likes me. i know you people will start saying stupid stuff but i dont care. the only problem is we're from different parts of romania, so it's pretty much dead. back to you: you shouldn't care about anything else than your and her wellfare. screw other people
i have no sig
OK, as far as love goes, we can use that word to describe the greatest possible feeling that you can have for someone at this point in your life.

If you're 18 and she's nearly 16, I take it that she's rather mature mentally and emotionally. If she is nearly 16 but has a maturity level similar to someone your age, then there shouldn't be a problem. Anyone who argues against this point is thinking too sexually, and that's when you'd realise that you posted this in The Pit.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
Quote by clonek
your age / 2 + 7 = the minimum age

ex.
26 / 2 + 7 = 20
22 / 2 + 7 = 18
or 18 / 2 + 7 = 16

... That's new to me .... On which scientific grounds we're you able to establish such a formula :P

Quote by Raziel2p
Personal opinion: Younger girls (at least those of age 16 or less) going out with older guys are normally blindly in love and will tell you later that they wouldn't do the same again. At least that's what I've been told by most girls. So they might say they want it, but it won't be for their best, I think. Of course there are exceptions, and I'm quite sure the 15 year old girls over there are different from those here (who wear the smallest miniskirts and show off as much clevage as possible, some even at winter, then spend 50% of their time complaining about how guys look at their ass and tits. Well not quite, but you get the point - they're anything but intellectual, most of them stay that way).

But if you love her, that's all right, if you mean it. At the very least I hope you're being honest with her all the time, and not telling her flattering lies just to hold on to her.

Well yeah, i know. I've been in relationships with that kind of chicks before (miniskirts, etc) but they just don't do it. This one on the other hand is very intellectual to say the least (and she has a phillosophical approach on things which is so damn sexy in a strange way )

My Youtube Page

Half your age + 7 that's the rule, back away and wait a few years you sicko.
Quote by Scooch

you mean a few months.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Scooch

As soon as you can prove me that formula in a rational way, i will obey it.

My Youtube Page

oh and another thing, girls mature much faster and guys so if she is 15 almost 16 than she proabably likes you because the guys her age are dorks. i mean kids. this maturity difference between boys and girls is very obvious until around 20 then its all the same. this is just an explanation, i still say keep her.
i have no sig
Nah there is nothing wrong with it. My GF is 14, i'm 16....people used to slag us off all the time (mainly calling me stuff, instead of her). She is a damn sight more mature than the majority of 14yr/olds you'd meet. I have friends (female friends) who are with someone who is 3 years older than themselves, and they have had shit from people aswell. But seriously if you two are happy then nothings wrong with it.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by ItWillDo
As soon as you can prove me that formula in a rational way, i will obey it.

as I've said in my first post, the only people who'll have a problem with this is the people who won't have met the both of you.

I thought it was a bit wierd when my mate started going out with his gf but then I met her and she was more mature than I was expecting.

as long as you're both happy then fuck what anyone else thinks.

Quote by element4433
I've been in a similar situation and I can say that it's usually a case of them idolising you and looking upto you for your age more than anything. Don't get me wrong, no one knows about your situation better than yourself, but at the end of the day it's unlikely that it's what would be classed as "true" love. At the end of the day it's all down to you, but just remember, she won't be as emotionally mature as you and will most likely see you as more of an idol than a love.
Good look, mate.
Page 1 of 2