Yesterday was my 17 B-day and i got some cash. im somewhere around 500 bucks right now and my uncle is taking me to Chicago next week to a friend of his music store. my uncle says he an get me 25% off on amps, so ive been lookin at Marshalls.

Heres a couple things ive noticed so far...

1. Everything is TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.
2. i read that the tube in the AVTs last for about 2 to 3 years under normal use. i know there are a bunch of replacement tubes out there, but on average, how much do they cost? And would i have to take it somewhere to get it replaced or could i do it?
3. big question... 50w or 100w? only reasons i ask are money issues and space (or lack of) in my room.
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
4. The AVT is not very good

You don't have the budget for a decent Marshall, look at other brands.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a AVT275 and its actually not bad for a budget amp atleast it is better than fully solidstate amps
Quote by steven seagull

Totally agreed.

You should be looking into valve amps at that price really. What genre's do you play?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
AVT arent tube amp. Hybrid. and suck..

And yes marshall are very exspensive outside of England just like Mesa over here.

Best bet is to either save up alot more money to get a good marshall or look for a second hand Ashdown fallen Angel and get a nice OD with the extra cash! Voiced similar to the Jcm 2000 series!
Quote by SWENCE_32
Yesterday was my 17 B-day and i got some cash. im somewhere around 500 bucks right now and my uncle is taking me to Chicago next week to a friend of his music store. my uncle says he an get me 25% off on amps, so ive been lookin at Marshalls.

Heres a couple things ive noticed so far...

1. Everything is TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.
2. i read that the tube in the AVTs last for about 2 to 3 years under normal use. i know there are a bunch of replacement tubes out there, but on average, how much do they cost? And would i have to take it somewhere to get it replaced or could i do it?
3. big question... 50w or 100w? only reasons i ask are money issues and space (or lack of) in my room.

the avt's are aaverage amps, you can get better for the money and i assume that's what you want.
they cost approximatly 10 dollars. sometimes more.
are you gonna gig with it ?
do you prefer ss or tube ?
genres ?
i have a really crappy 15w mg right now and anything would be a step up at the moment. i probably will gig with it, but i dont know how often ill be giging. i get the point that the avts arnt TRUELY tube amps, but a step up from a straight ss is a step in the right direction.
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Quote by SWENCE_32
i have a really crappy 15w mg right now and anything would be a step up at the moment. i probably will gig with it, but i dont know how often ill be giging. i get the point that the avts arnt TRUELY tube amps, but a step up from a straight ss is a step in the right direction.

but you don't want to be taking baby steps along the way... you waste too much money that way. plus with your $500, you can get a nice tube amp used. does your uncle's friend's store carry used gear?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
What kind of music do you play? What are you going to use it for?

Also, do you have any idea what amps (or brands of amps) the store stocks?

An AVT will be better than your current amp, but why settle for it when you don't have to? Your price range will get you a handful of new tube combos (more with that 25% off) and plenty of used tube combos.
Quote by steven seagull

+1

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Sham-Rock
I have a AVT275 and its actually not bad for a budget amp atleast it is better than fully solidstate amps

it's not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?