OK, does anyone else find this weird?

I was reading a thread when I looked up and saw an ad asking me to guess how old Jesse McCartney is in order to get a free ringtone.

Need I say more?
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
well theres this amazing invention called 'Ad-Block'... its an addon for firefox, if you dont have firefox then.. just... get out.
Originally Posted by IC400fan
fall out boy......no realy why would you beat-up a girl band? they'll get you with their gayness super rainbow fruit beam

+100000 (Y)

DeAth TO EmOs

UP WITH METALHEADS!!
Wrong forum dude. Try Site Feedback. There's already a thread for this problem.

But use a progream called AdMuncher. Google it

Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
ads on a website i mean it's not like zappp and co can magically create money right?
Understandable. It's just a little ironic.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
Well I asume UG get money for the ads
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by IrOn_ThEaTeR
well theres this amazing invention called 'Ad-Block'... its an addon for firefox, if you dont have firefox then.. just... get out.

Haha, I just downloaded Ad Block Plus after reading your post, and it works a treat.
Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Confusius or Marmoseti to join
Quote by metallica_death
Well I asume UG get money for the ads

Yes. They kind of need money, you know?
The.
I'm still waiting for someone to answer the question... How old is Jesse McCartney??

...But seriously, why would anyone know/care

And.. wrong forum. If you have ad issues, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116582
^That's the Bad Advertising Reports thread.

Read the rules though, the Free Ringtone thing wouldn't apply to the rules. But there's the link anyway.

Like has been mentioned - this is a free website. Thus, they need to earn money from somewhere, and if it's not going to come from it's users, it has to come from ads. Suck it up, banner ads are hardly an issue.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Dr Rock
Haha, I just downloaded Ad Block Plus after reading your post, and it works a treat.

If everyone did what you just did there would be no more UG.

Jesus, if you like this site, and want it to remain free, never use adblock, in fact click on the ads once in a while. They're only banner ads for **** sake.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
^I sometimes play the games, like Outdrink the Frat Boy, or Knock out Paris or Catch the Criminal or whatever. Sometimes it redirects, but hey, who cares. It's not damaging my computer, and if it is I can always report it and help the Ruskies remove dodgy ads from the site.

I don't see people's problem with banner ads, it's the pop-ups which are the pain in the arse.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
^I sometimes play the games, like Outdrink the Frat Boy, or Knock out Paris or Catch the Criminal or whatever. Sometimes it redirects, but hey, who cares. It's not damaging my computer, and if it is I can always report it and help the Ruskies remove dodgy ads from the site.

I don't see people's problem with banner ads, it's the pop-ups which are the pain in the arse.

I absolutely couldn't agree more.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
It's only the slightly erotic ones that bother me. That's why my sig is campaigning for a NEW erotic ad that EVERYONE would like.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
this site has ads?

adblock ftw!
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join