Ok so heres the thing. I need a loud amp thats good for metal. I need loud because my ibanez tone blaster cant gfet over my frummer so i need a louder one. Maybe a marshall halfstack? But hers also my thing. I need a really cheap amp. As all I have is $300. any suggestions?
1. You can't get a decent Marshall half stack for $300

2. You probably don't actually need a half stack

3. Maybe a small tube combo. Check out Dave_Mc's stickied thread in Gear and Accessories.
you dont need a halfstack man.

the only marshall you'd be able to get would be an mg model and they suck as everyone will tell you.

the only 2 i can think of are

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_fm_210r_2x10_65_watt_guitar_combo_amp?full_sku=483717

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_behringer_vampire_lx210_guitar_combo_amp?full_sku=481103

i personally have the latter of the 2 but its really personal tastes
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Try a Vox Valvetronix AD30 - 30 watts tube (about as loud as a 75 watt solid state). Price ranges from $250 - $330
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Ok what makes you think that you need a marshall halfstack? and what possess you to think you can get a decent sounding marshall halfstack for $300.

Ok what kind of music do you play? fundamentally we need to know what kinda sounds you're trying to achieve. What is the rest of your rig like anyway?

You're going to need about 30-50 watts SS to be heard over a drummer, and less than that tube. If you can save the money and buy something like a roland cube 60 or so or a vox valvetronix, they are decent sounding amps that can give you a wide range of tones.
Quote by Bazilisck311
Try a Vox Valvetronix AD30 - 30 watts tube (about as loud as a 75 watt solid state). Price ranges from $250 - $330

They are not tube, they are solid state but have a tube pre-amp.. they sound tube but arn't..... They are loud though.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Shib
They are not tube, they are solid state but have a tube pre-amp.. they sound tube but arn't..... They are loud though.

Actually, the power stage is tube driven and that's what I was referring to.

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
The power stage isn't tube driven in a vox valvetronix, it is the preamp that has the tube.

I was hoping this was a joke? You want the worst marshall halfstack, for about half what it costs?

Just get a combo, half stacks make people think you are compensating for something.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
It is the power stage:

The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7 triode vacuum tube together with an actual low-wattage tube power amp circuit, a virtual output transformer and a dummy speaker circuit

Our patented Valve Reactor power amp consists of a valve power amp with an output transformer electronically coupled to a solid-state power circuit in such a way that the relationship between the output valve, output transformer and speakers is unaltered.
Quote by Lightitup
The power stage isn't tube driven in a vox valvetronix, it is the preamp that has the tube.

I believe you're thinking of the Marshall hybrids, the ATV series.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH