ok guys here's my question.

I broke some bones and they're healing and everything. And I've done research saying that smoking cigarettes is bad for you during the healing time because the nicotine and such constrict blood vessels causing oxygen and nutrients to not get to your bones to help them heal faster.

Question is, do you think it has the same effect for pot smoke? I've been researching and I can't find anything on it thus far but maybe some of you guys can help me find a conclusive reason why it won't.

Reason for this is, is because before I broke them bones I tended to smoke frequently. And now I'm going on 2 months without doing it and just sitting around the house all day, and quite frankly I'm bored as hell.

So any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!
It's the Carbon Monoxide (not nicotine) which causes this.
It restricts oxygen within red blood cells.

And about pot, only if you smoke it with tobacco I guess, I'm not sure if it has CO in it or not.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I broke my hand two years ago and smoked weed every day and it still healed fine within the normal time frame. Just make sure you're getting enough calcium, take a supplement and drink some milk, as that's what the body really needs to heal it up.
i think you'll probs be pretty safe with a bong lulz, but yeah if you roll it with tobbaco then its obv going to have the same effect cause your putting the nicotine/carbon monoixde in the roll with the pot. but my advice would probs be lay off it untill its better.
All Aboard The Phail Boat

Quote by fatwanker
I find you calling me a fat wanker offensive

Quote by gallagher2006
I thought this was gonna be a "I didn't mean to get my sister pregnant! Is she just overreacting after I raped her?" thread
vaporizer?

btw i broke my hand 3 weeks ago.. I'm bored as hell too. I need to get baked dude.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Yeah when I broke my hand all I wanted to do was play the guitar.

I ended up getting pretty good at piano during that month though :P
of course pot smoke has carbon monoxide in it!

In fact pot is worse for you because you hold it in for longer periods of time (higher absorption).

I would advise cutting down significantly on your pot use for at least a few weeks.
Quote by gurusan

In fact pot is worse for you because you hold it in for longer periods of time (higher absorption).

I would advise cutting down significantly on your pot use for at least a few weeks.

Fool, it depends how he's smoking it.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by gurusan

Smoking weed = 3-4 puffs from a bowl.
Smoking a cig = about 15-20 puffs
Quote by gurusan

You can build a home made vaporizer out of a lightbulb, cap and straw.
http://www.marijuana.com/420/lounge/42568-how-make-lightbulb-vaporizer.html

you get no harmful smoke or tar and whatever else thats bad for you. You mainly get the active ingredients in vapor form.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by pratt121
Smoking weed = 3-4 puffs from a bowl.
Smoking a cig = about 15-20 puffs

Smoking weed = 3 - 4 puffs of extremely tarry, resinous, sticky icky while holding in several seconds at least

Smoking a cig = 15-20 puffs of filtered smoke with law-regulated tar levels

and yeah mw7...vaporizing is the way to go...
lol just make cannabis tea.

I find it to be better than smoking.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
when you smoke pod.. you use tobacco.
so yeah, it has the same effect

pretty dumb question tough

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

cool guys, thanks for the thoughts. I figure if you smoke a bowl once or twice a day it can't be to bad. Like the one guy said it's only 3-4 hits to a bowl compared to the many of a cigarette.

Thanks =)
Quote by walkinbazooka
lol just make cannabis tea.

I find it to be better than smoking.

....cannabinoids are not water soluble...and a good deal of them must be heated to a certain temperature before they are psychoactive.
Quote by Desire17
cool guys, thanks for the thoughts. I figure if you smoke a bowl once or twice a day it can't be to bad. Like the one guy said it's only 3-4 hits to a bowl compared to the many of a cigarette.

Thanks =)

inhaling several hundred milligrams of burnt plant matter once or twice a day is bad for you however you look at it.
Quote by gurusan
Smoking weed = 3 - 4 puffs of extremely tarry, resinous, sticky icky while holding in several seconds at least

Smoking a cig = 15-20 puffs of filtered smoke with law-regulated tar levels

and yeah mw7...vaporizing is the way to go...

I can see where you're coming from. People always say pot smoke has more tar than cigarette smoke but I remind them that tar isn't what causes cancers. I'd like to see an exact comparison as for the general amounts of various carcinogens in both tobacco and cannabis... apparently tobacco has some radioactive isotopes like lead-210 and polonium-210, which probably have something to do with that cancer.

And yes, cannabinoids are not water soluble, but they are fat soluble. Whole milk is fatty enough to produce effects, but the key is to not evaporate all of the nice THC... that's why people make brownies, oil is almost impossible to evaporate.

Additionally:
Ha ha ha, you said sticky icky. This thread makes me want to smoke a bowl and a cigarette. Farewell, UG.
Last edited by pratt121 at Jul 30, 2007,
The carcinogens come from burning the plant material. As stated before...vaporizing minimizes the carcinogens that you inhale...drastically minimizes.
Quote by gurusan
....cannabinoids are not water soluble...and a good deal of them must be heated to a certain temperature before they are psychoactive.

Add milk or butter. THC is fat soluble.

Learn your shit before you try to correct people.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Add milk or butter. THC is fat soluble.

Learn your shit before you try to correct people.

I'm aware of all the thc solvents but tea for most people means add boiling water. I prefer orally ingesting pot as well as I find it a bit more trippy usually but the effects can last too long most time.

One time I ate 1/2 a pot cookie in the morning and was wasted the entire day, then woke up the next morning and was still wasted til the next afternoon. Was intense stuff.