Page 1 of 2
normally, when someone asks me, what sort of music u into? i go heavy metal, so then they go o so slipknot, that pisses me off alot, slipknot arent metal, metal = slayer and pantera, slipknot are not metal, they are kind of emo alterantive of metal, people who listen to slipknot are emo pretender metalheads who agrees?

any counter arguements?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Counter Arguements? Sure

GO TO THE METAL FORUM.

And Hey there n00b, Slipknot are NuMetal. So Ask in the NuMetal forum's "Slipknot" thread.

*reported*
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
lol @ t3h A7X 4v4t4r!!!1!11on1
1!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
1!

Gives A7X A Bad Name >_>
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Slayer & Pantera = Thrash Metal
Heavy Metal = Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, DIO...

And yeah it also pisses me off too.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ChazBcWarlock
normally, when someone asks me, what sort of music u into? i go heavy metal, so then they go o so slipknot, that pisses me off alot, slipknot arent metal, metal = slayer and pantera, slipknot are not metal, they are kind of emo alterantive of metal, people who listen to slipknot are emo pretender metalheads who agrees?

any counter arguements?

You're acting pretty dumb here.

Slipknot are nu-metal which is, indeed, a kind of metal. Just a particualrly annoying kind of metal. Haha.

Plus Slipknot aren't emo in the least bit.
This is the first time I've ever done this... Here goes...

*reported*

Don't that just make you feel dirty all over?
Quote by Seth Shadows
Gives A7X A Bad Name >_>

You can't give one of the worst bands of all times a bad name.

Damn stupid thread, btw.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Different people have different classifications.

In their head, slipknot is metal. To me they aren't, still a good band in my mind, but are not metal.

And in some people's heads Ozzy is metal, but to me he isn't, he is hard rock.

And to some people Opeth isn't Progressive Death Metal, they are Prog. Metal with growls. I think they are Prog. Death.

But what many people can agree on is that not only is this the wrong forum, it has been brought up a million times, beaten to death, then raped by monkeys.

Can I have ********* with your mom?
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
DAmn this is so fvking stupid. There shouldn't be any classifications and genres in metal. All of them ARE metal, wheter it is Black Metal, Death Metal, or even Nu Metal. It may not be Your type of metal, but it's still Metal. So make yourself a favor and just fvking stop making threads about ****ty topics like that please.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by /-Vince-\
DAmn this is so fvking stupid. There shouldn't be any classifications and genres in metal. All of them ARE metal, wheter it is Black Metal, Death Metal, or even Nu Metal. It may not be Your type of metal, but it's still Metal. So make yourself a favor and just fvking stop making threads about ****ty topics like that please.

Metal has as much in common with nu-Metal as MC Hammer has with 50 Cent.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by /-Vince-\
...There shouldn't be any classifications and genres in metal...

But in all other main genres there should? hmm..
I r Pirate!
Quote by Raziel2p
Metal has as much in common with nu-Metal as MC Hammer has with 50 Cent.

Aside from Fitty having more street cred, they're REALLY not that far removed from each other.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by /-Vince-\
DAmn this is so fvking stupid. There shouldn't be any classifications and genres in metal. All of them ARE metal, wheter it is Black Metal, Death Metal, or even Nu Metal. It may not be Your type of metal, but it's still Metal.

Subgenres in metal are useful for sorting throguh bands that sound similar. Under the giant umbrella of "metal" there are many, many, MANY completely different sounds, and it's easier to discuss bands that play "fast, dark metal with growled vocals and intense drumming and a tendency toward scales not traditionally used in popular music" as "death metal", etc.

Really, you don't HAVE to classify bands on a personal level, but it really helps to have subgenres when determining what bands you're interested in.
slipknot is good but i don't consider them metal.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
I think subgenreing is stupid, if no one can agree with what sub genre they should just stick to the main genre..
No rly?

Ya rly.
I don't like Slipknots first 2 albums but Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses ****s all over anything Slayer came up with.
Quote by rickmeister
I don't like Slipknots first 2 albums but Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses ****s all over anything Slayer came up with.

lol
/thread

I'm not sure about you guys but I like the new band StoneSour; which was formed by several slipknot members. So lets talk about them instead

Threadstarter; you fail
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Sorry when are A7X metal?? go **** yourself you poser!!
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
Quote by walkinbazooka
1!

+1 XD

also

yeah uhm... just no.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
counter arguement slipknot may be labeled numetal but that is bull**** because they are not numetal they are like a new generation of hardcore, when slipknot came out they didnt sound like anyone else. Numetal's "riffs" are not as well put together. Slipknots "riffs" are metal, but people just say they suck because theve juust heard things like wait and bleed, that song is mostly vocals, other songs like surfacing has more drums and guitar more than vocals, but most people dont listen to songs like that cuz they are not there best selling songs. metal has powerchord progressions with blues influences. Slipknot deffinetly has that. About the emo thing, no, back to wait and bleed. The may have a song about blood, ummmmmm...... Cannibal corpse, Listen to there lyrics or just look at the name of some of there songs. are you going to called this death metal band emo because they have a song call I Cum Blood. no. I dont think slipknot are in any of the big genres of metal (black/thrash/death/power) they are just metal. Any slipknot fan that you or anyone would talk to would say that they are not emo, or anyone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to metal.
Last edited by ALEX V) at Jul 30, 2007,
A7X are you ****ing kidding me... Slipknot have Vermilion Part 2 what do A7X have, Seize The Day? Yuck.
Quote by Leper Affinity
Different people have different classifications.

In their head, slipknot is metal. To me they aren't, still a good band in my mind, but are not metal.

And in some people's heads Ozzy is metal, but to me he isn't, he is hard rock.

And to some people Opeth isn't Progressive Death Metal, they are Prog. Metal with growls. I think they are Prog. Death.

But what many people can agree on is that not only is this the wrong forum, it has been brought up a million times, beaten to death, then raped by monkeys.

Can I have ********* with your mom?

are you serious, ozzy ****ing started metal.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

any counter arguements?

yes, that is true, avenged sevenfold aint metal either mind, so quit whining.
Those with the heart and the brain to get past this can spot a pathetic without even asking.
Quote by ALEX V)
are you serious, ozzy ****ing started metal.

Everyone Knows Ghengis Khan invented metal
Those with the heart and the brain to get past this can spot a pathetic without even asking.
Quote by TDKshorty
/thread

I'm not sure about you guys but I like the new band StoneSour; which was formed by several slipknot members. So lets talk about them instead

Threadstarter; you fail

Stone Sour have been around as long as/longer than Slipknot, and only have Corey Taylor and Jim Root from Slipknot in them. I'm pretty sure they formed SS before they joined Slipknot, because the two of them aren't original members of the 'knot.

Quote by ALEX V)
Black sabbath started metal with iron man. first metal band, EVER. ozzy was singer. you really cant argue that fact.

Iron Man was on Sabbath's second album you moron. They "started" metal with the song Black Sabbath.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Page 1 of 2