anyone got some good, easy and fun to play songs in drop D?

i just learned like the first parts of sugar we're going down (eww), and i just want some other songs in drop that are fun (and easy!) to play and recognizable.

p.s. sorry if there was another thread for this already, if so, i didn't see it =/
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold

11th Hour by Lamb Of God

Chapter Four By Avenged Sevenfold

Mix it up lol.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
killing in the name- rage against the machine

I don't think the solo is easy, but the rhythm and stuff is a lot of fun.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Unsung by Helmet
Dying in Your Arms by Trivium (Minus the Solo)
Already Dead by Silverstein
a lot of Audioslaves stuff off Revelations is in D.
no songs off the top of my head, but look up tabs from revelations, and youre bound to find something.
Don't try solos though, I'm pretty sure he is the only guy rich enough o have all the effects it takes to make those sounds haha.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
tom morello doesnt have that many effects. he has about 6 pedals.

he just knows how to use them
Pantera - Walk

and

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot are probably the best to start off with
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
tom morello doesnt have that many effects. he has about 6 pedals.

he just knows how to use them

still twice as many as i've got haha.
yeah i guess it's not that many, but at times it seems as though he has 806.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
Quote by dunkelblau
a lot of Audioslaves stuff off Revelations is in D.
no songs off the top of my head, but look up tabs from revelations, and youre bound to find something.
Don't try solos though, I'm pretty sure he is the only guy rich enough o have all the effects it takes to make those sounds haha.

AUDIOSLAVE FTW!!!!!!
those guys rocked, possibly my favorite band ever. im pissed at chris cornell for leaving...

but anyway like he said slave's got some great stuff. try these along with the music, they're easy and groovetastic (is that a word?)

1. #1 Zero
2. Somedays
3. Be Yourself
4. Like A Stone

those should keep you busy for a while, but if you want more, i think dunkelblau is right on cause most of the stuff after the first cd is alot of drop d. commerford just likes to experiment i guess
Lots of Billy Talent
Soundgarden - Outshined, Spoonman, Black Hole Sun, No Attention, Jesus Christ Pose
Although the first 2 SG songs have a different time signature that may be hard to get used to.
ahhh thanks guys

avenged sevenfold, i think that stuff's pretty hard? haha. audioslave minus solos it is, so far.

difficult, but i like.
thanks sTx :]

Quote by starvethepoor
everlong + monkey wrench by foo fighters. Bat country by avenged sevenfold.

foo fighters stuff isn't in drop d
if you want drop d stuff, check out some of the stuff on guitar hero 2's bonus songs (arterial black, collide). Definitely try Trogdor also. as for real songs, the ones i was going to suggest were already taken, but a few of my personal favorites are walk by pantera (look up the tab where it says you have to roll your fingers from 2 to 1; that's the correct one) and unsung by helmet. if you want drop d and then a full step down, try them bones by alice in chains.

Last edited by Metallica_Man55 at Aug 4, 2007,
breaking benjamin...so cold ,sooner or later,breakdown.

ALL breaking benjamin.some of it is in drop c not drop d but its fine in drop d.
SOCO AMARETTO LIME.

No one named "JesseLaceyIsGod" looking for songs in Drop D could possibly not want to learn that.
Only problem would be that I'm yet to find a 100% accurate tab
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by koikomoru
System of a Down - Aerials(sp?)

thank you for reminding me. try SOAD stuff, it's not too hard, a little fast, and in drop d, so there you go.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
foo fighters stuff isn't in drop d

you cant play everlong in standard, so i guess foo's do have drop d stuff.
tool - lateralus. long but awesome.
seether- gasoline(awesome rythym), the gift(might be drop d 1/2 step down)

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by Nielsen 33
Most Fall Out Boy songs are Dropped D. Try Hum Hallulejah.

New FOB PHAILS
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
how about Scars -- Papa Roach
Quote by evening_crow
Psh...n00bs..i'm doing it as i type...actually, i'm typing with my penis while wanking.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
i was gonna say church of hot addiction by cobra starship and hum hallelujah by fob but both were said so how about of all the gin joints in all the world by fob. i find that extremely fun to play and its really easy, or maybe i slept with someone in fall out boy, but im yet to find a good tab for that. if you dont actually like fall out boy, you just decided to learn swgd, then disregard all of this, lol.

i just thought of Luckie St. by cartel. thats got a cool riff thing.

all my input.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...